“Just like home”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Franklin
Cave Creek, Arizona
“Just like home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Friendly staff, very accomodating and the excercise facility was small but great, I swam in the mornings and did treadmill in the PM before dinner. Great breakfast after my swim before starting my work day. I loved the fact that I could open my hotel windows for fresh air. Susan was always asking if there is anything else she could do to make my staff better.
I will check out other Residence Inn's in other areas for my travels, whether working or on vacation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Franklin, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Denis,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for giving us a 5-star rating on TripAdvisor. We strive to make all of our guests feel at home with us and to ensure that all of their needs are accommodated during their visit and we're happy to have succeeded during your stay. We value your business and hope you'll come and see us again soon.

Susan Perrothers, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Franco at the Residence Inn in Franklin is amazing. He is so considerate of the guests and treats everyone with the same exceptional manner. Willing to help everyone with any questions or problems they have.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We went here because of a family wedding and were very pleased with our accommodations -
comfortable bed, clean non-smoking room and large kitchen that we did not use, but is there if needed. There were many rooms taken by the wedding party and guests and no one was displeased. Breakfast was very good with a lot of variety. Also hotel is easy access to the highway.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Franklin, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to review your experience for TripAdvisor. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit for a family wedding and that none of the guests in your party were displeased with their stays. We appreciate your 5-star recommendation and look forward to hosting your next visit to Franklin.

Jewett City, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

First off, I have to commend the person we called for the reservation. If I remember correctly her name was Hailey and she was literally the the part about the entire hotel experience. She was very kind and willing to do anything to make our stay perfect as I called to ask if it were possible to check in early, she told me to call the next day to check but it shouldn't be a problem. When we checked into the hotel the next day we were greeted by a man at the desk who appeared to be a manager or some sort. ( I could be mistaken. ) We were at the hotel because we were apart of a wedding party that had all been grouped into one area of the hotel, but because I had booked late , wasn't guaranteed a room next to them. He kindly asked if we'd like to be in the same hallway as them, which was nice, and I replied " yes, of course!" We got to our room and firstly noticed the room smelled horribly like smoke. Being that the hotel is a non-smoking establishment and that neither of us smoke, we were very unimpressed with the status of the room. We decided to stick it out for a little by opening some windows and maybe airing it out, all to no avail. We aren't ones to complain so we weren't going to complain to the front desk until we had heard that a couple of our friends had payed a different rate than we did which really upset us. After hearing this news we decided to confront the manager and tell him about our room, and ask why we had payed a considerable amount more than the other people staying with us. He continued to tell us that, because we used a "third party website", the rate was higher. Mind you, we had booked our reservation using the HOTELS WEBSITE. And as for the room, we told him about our smokey problem and he told us he would have someone come spray our room with air refresher. Now this just set us off, we thought it wouldn't be too much to ask for to be offered another room, so we asked if it was possible and we were denied immediately. We were not impressed with the attitude of the person we were speaking to and the way he treated us. We told him that we'd never stay here again do to his actions but it didn't seem to be a problem. Again, we aren't not ones to complain simply because we are both in the service industry and understand how annoying customers can be and how difficult the job can be sometimes, but when someone's job is to provide hospitality to their guests and replies so rudely and careless something must be said. A hotel room that smells of smoke in a non-smoking establishment is something that should be treated a little more seriously than it was. If only the man that we dealt with that day had been the woman we first spoke to on the phone, I believe this review could have gone the complete other way.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Franklin, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Nate,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for providing valuable feedback. I sincerely apologize for the customer service failure you experienced during your visit; I will review your comments with my staff and encourage you to reach out to me directly so that I may compensate you for your trouble. I hope you'll accept my apology and give us another opportunity to provide you with an excellent stay.

508.541.8188
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Loved our stay and the attentive staff made it even better. They made great recommendations for where to go and it was much appreciated. Sue and Franco were awesome they were very friendly and helpful. Thank you for the great service.

• Stayed May 2014
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Franklin, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to review your experience for TripAdvisor. We're happy to hear that our friendly and helpful staff made the difference in your stay. We appreciate the feedback and value your 5-star recommendation to the travel community. Come back and see us again soon!

Sue Perrothers, GM
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I love living in Residence Inn for their overall good standards, a kitchenette, a separate bedroom and the whole set up. Mostly, I have lived in Residence Inn in Westborough which would be my first preference in this area. Due to availability issues, I got Franklin this time. It's been a pretty nice and peaceful stay so far but I can't say I loved it. There are areas of improvement.

Pros:
1. Spacious rooms with separate bed room.
2. Cleaner carpets and upholstery. Looks new to me.
3. Enclosed so good for winters. Don't mind this one but I prefer rooms opening to the outside instead of a corridor...like Westborough.
4. Indoor swimming pool (Westborough is outdoor but then we never got to use the indoor one either)
5. Good, friendly housekeeping staff.
6. Franklin area is pretty fascinating with a great old library, lots of little houses, old pubs, different architecture etc. But dining options are limited in comparison. However, I still like this package better since I get my favorite salads, breads and Mexican food not too far away.
7. Door key is electronic and never fails. Big plus!! Keys are troublemakers most of the times.
8. Good location- close to eateries and supermarkets.

Cons:
1. Poorer breakfast spread. Very limited options and same stuff everyday. Unusual!
2. Not a well stocked kitchenette in the room. Very limited cooking utensils. No option to hand-wash utensils. It saves energy and water when one is hardly using their kitchen. I hope they provide for dish-washing liquid and scrub to wash utensils.
3. Poor handling of change of room. We made a request to have our room changed. We were promised of availability by a certain date but no one cared to follow up or even communicated among each other. Large number of front desk staff makes connecting with any one difficult. Not that this is important but they don't even relay the message. It took us several reminders and visits to the front desk to get them to deliver on this request. We got the room but a day late. No communication at all.
4. I did not use much housekeeping but the one who came once so far did not do a good job.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Dear Residence in @ Franklin, just want you to know how nice everything was when we finally checked in for a family wake and funeral. It was a very sad time for us but you all made us feel like you felt our loss as well. Rooms were great (we booked 5), quiet and clean, the sympathy card sent to my husband and I was especially nice. Would definately stay again hopefully for a happier time

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, no air conditioning noise, even though it was running, and no kids runn...