Residence Inn Boston Franklin
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Country Side Motel(Bellingham)
  • Room Service
All reviewsfront deskhome away from homefull kitchensales managerbedroom suitethe general managerdefinitely stay here againbreakfast buffetexceptional serviceneeded a place to staya great staygreat breakfastsmall gymeach morningbasketball courthot tubpull out couch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 November 2008

My fiance and I stayed here for 4 nights over Thanksgiving. The price was definitely right, and location was great for us to see family. We had a one bedroom suite, which was very nice and new. The bathroom area was big (sink outside of the actual room with the toilet and shower).

We did have a couple of problems though - one with housekeeping banging on our door one morning before 8am. I travel extensively for work, and even if I was on business travel, and not traveling for leisure, I would still be in the room at 7:45. She seemed incredibly put out that we were not ready for her to service the room. And then the next day, we had no housekeeping service at all.

The other problem is that the beds are INCREDIBLY uncomfortable. The mattresses are very flimsy and offer no support. We both woke up every morning with back aches, and my fiance is still sore. Seeing that this hotel is new, I would expect that they would have nicer beds like their competition.

Overall, it was an OK stay. Next year when traveling for Thanksgiving, I will look at other places.. mostly so that we can get a good night sleep while we are away.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2008

We stayed at the Residence Inn for two weeks while changing jobs and selling our home. It was a fantastic place to stay -- even with two children under four and a dog!

The entire staff was very friendly and helpful and was already ready with suggestions on places to eat, offers of help to get tickets or transportation, etc. They made a very stressful time a lot less stressful.

The breakfast was always very good (although it didn't have a lot of variety) and there was plenty of it. The evening snack and the large plasma TV in the common area was also a big favorite in our family. If the hotel had a bar I'd never have to leave.

Overall the hotel was an oasis to our family and we recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2008

We booked the two room suite. The rooms were nice. The kitchen was in great condition. The toilets did not flush very well. The breakfast buffet was better than a continental breakfast but did not have the variety and quality I had found at the Homewood Suites chain I have stayed at in the past. The location was good for most of the activities we had planned but I am sure there are closer places to stay to see the area's attractions. The fireplace was a nice touch in the common area of the suite. Overall a good value and a nice clean place. One note, I was not given the extra towels and pillows that I had requested in my preferences that I set up before my trip.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2008

Nice, clean, spacious room. Staff was great. Very nice & housekeeping did a great job each day. Only one issue. If you have any type of sensitive skin, stay away from the soap provided! Very bad on the skin. Pool was nice, but a little small. Nice stay overall.

• Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed 5 June 2008

We cannot praise highly enough the hotel or the staff of the Residence Inn, Franklin (especially JoAnn). We had a lovely stay, our room (2bed suite) on the top floor was super and spruced up every day. The staff are really lovely, helpful and considerate. There is an onsite laundry on the 2nd floor which has three washers and six dryers. Reception will exchange bills for coins so you can use them. This was really helpful for a Mother of Twins!!

There were only two minor issues and I kinda don't even like to say. The pool was out of order during our first couple of days but we were offered passes to the local Y (only a block or so away). However, even when the pool was available, it was quite cold. The rooms, although lovely, have everything at 'child' level so our twins spent the time opening cupboard doors, turning the TV on and off and playing hide and seek in the sliding wardrobes :-) (funny for the first day, tiring after a week!!)

Plus points: The hotel is very close to the local train station (a 5min walk, a 1 min drive) and the train takes approx 55mins right into South Station. There is a really good supermarket about a 5min drive away (Stop N Shop) which catered for all our needs. There is a great diner in Franklin itself called Rick's and the staff there were also wonderful (maybe Franklin just creates great people?) . Parking is ample, gardens are lovely, breakfast is free and there is a wide array to choose from. The hotel has free WiFi which is really helpful if like us, the weather was not as good as you hoped, and you were researching alternative things to do that day. There is also a 'free' PC in the lounge/breakfast area.

I would recommend this for most visitors especially those who want to be near, but not in, Boston centre.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family