“A Cast of Characters for sure!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Crow's Nest

The Crow's Nest
Ranked #1 of 1 Nightlife in Gloucester
More attraction details
Owner description: This hangout for Gloucester's locals was the bar frequented by the ill-fated fishermen of "The Perfect Storm."
Cumberland, Rhode Island
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“A Cast of Characters for sure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I must admit that I was not sure what to expect after reading some of the less than favorable reviews on some other sites but my husband and I travel often and never have an issue anywhere we go so we assumed this would be the same! What a great place! Now mind you, we talking a very local bar..some may refer to it as a dive bar! The bartender, Terry was awesome! She was attentive and friendly. We spent time talking with several of the local's, especially Red who lives above the bar. He regaled us with his seafaring tales of when he was a boat captain. Several fisherman came in and we chatted with them as well. There are photos from the cast of 'The Perfect Storm' hanging on the walls. One of the locals knew the actual men that were part of this tragedy and she was very willing to share her stories. This is a no frills bar and there is no food served. There is a vending machine if you want chips! There is a pool table. The conversation flows fast just like the beer!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank RobbieNTorrinsMom

Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful experience with friendly local folks - great tribute”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I had a chance to visit last week and have a few beers (great local draft beer) in the afternoon. Fortunately the owner was there as well as some of the fishermen that work out of Gloucester. They took the time to talk about fishing, walk me through a photo album with their experiences during the filming of the Perfect Storm and show their tribute to their friends lost at sea. Just a great place with great people that make you feel very welcome and quickly a part of what made Gloucester such a great place.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Rick S
Inverness, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Must visit bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Thanks to all at the Crows nest for making us so welcome and adding to a great night. I loved looking at all the pictures on the wall of fishermen and their boats and catches. The barmaid was brilliant and the measures were good! Everyone was keen to share stories with us and tell us about places to visit. It is not like the bar in the movie, this is the real thing and better. A must visit place if you are in the area.

Visited November 2013
Franklin, North Carolina, United States
“the people are so nice there for helping us out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I have to the people are so nice for helping us out becouse my mom was dieing I have been back home for 12 yr it was nice to be back home

Visited August 2013
Howey in the hills
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Bucket list item!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

Went there in when I had to travel to Boston to renew my CG license. Got my license done within 2 hours of getting off the plane and had time to kill. Went and stayed at a motel in Lynn and the following day made the trek to Gloucester. Got to the area at around 11:00am and went in with the intention of having 1 beer. Met the bartender Rusty and we got to talking and it turns out he was a Shatford. He was Bobby's brother, he was so kind and showed me all kinds of pictures and had no problem talking about his brother. I can't wait to go back!!! And I bought the bar a round!!!That was my bucket list item!!!!!

Visited March 2012