“Just OK”
Review of Latitude 43

Latitude 43
Reserve with OpenTable
Latitude 43 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 141 Restaurants in Gloucester
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Latitude 43 is a short 7 min walk from the commuter rail on Railroad Ave in downtown Gloucester. Walk east on Railroad Ave toward Pearl St. & turn right on School St, walk .2 miles & turn left at Middle St, walk 43 ft & turn right at Center St, walk 243 ft & right at Main St, walk 92 ft then turn left at Center St & turn left at Rogers St.
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Service was slow, food was average, it was a beautiful day outside. Unfortunately, we were told the wait would be 40 minutes so opted for inside. We were seated for about 5 minutes and the outside deck starts emptying. Would have definitely waited 5-10 minutes..for an outside table on a beautiful July day. The hostess was not very good at setting expectations...so that put us in a not-so-good mood right away. Don.t think I would go back...because of the location thought there would be more fresh fish on the menu, besides the sushi...The menu was similar to any chain anywhere in the country..so didn't feel Gloucester authentic...which is what we were looking for. I agree with Keri S, first impressions are lasting..and we were disappointed.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Best Haddock ever - fresh and local; Salmon a bit dry, but good - yummy mashed potatoes and nicely prepared asparagus. On the water - friendly family kind of place.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were promptly seated near the window with a lovely view of the boats in the harbor. We chose to sit inside because it was getting chilly but there is a beautiful deck with tables and umbrellas available. The menu is quite extensive with an emphasis on sea food. We ordered the calamari appetizer and it was delicious. The pomodoro sauce was exceptional. The halibut entre was served with asparagus and mashed potatoes and was unremarkable and bland. I was expecting something special since we were right on the Atlantic. My husband had the fisherman's platter which was also mundane and not up to seaside expectations. The service was attentive but the meal was a disappointment. I can not recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

After reading great things about this restaurant in North Shore magazine, my husband and I decided to try it. After being seated, we sat for 10-15 minutes without being approached by a waiter. We got up and went to the Franklin Cafe, where the service and food were outstanding. Lost customer, first impressions are lasting.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My wife and I went here for the sushi one recent night, and it was great, as were her margarita, my beer, the edamame, artichoke, halibut and the oh-so-scenic deck, where we watched the workboats at rest. But the surprise hit (because we almost passed on dessert) was the warm chocolate cake, which came with a salty caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream. Lots of places have tried this, but none have done it as well, balancing the three distinct flavors and temperatures! I would happily return for the dessert alone. Yum!