“Decent, but not the overall amazing we were expecting.”

Topside Grill and Pub
Ranked #4 of 141 Restaurants in Gloucester
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Description: Topside Grill offers Seafood, Italian, American Comfort food. Fresh simple good food. We are not trying to impress you with ingredients you've never heard of, we prepare local food the way we hope you'll enjoy it. Harbor views in our dinning room and a fun bar & pub upstairs. Try us, you'll be glad you did!
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Based on reviews and the potential lobster specials, we decided to give this place a try during our recent stay in Gloucester. It was certainly nice, but the service was a bit all over the place, very friendly and welcoming, but not the best for food service. My dish was pretty excellent, the seafood bake. The boys got the fried shrimp and said they preferred the shrimp from The 99 a few nights before. My boyfriend's crab bake, which was recommended, was pretty small and although not horrible, just not amazing, or "ohh you have to taste this"... I can't say I wouldn't go there again. Maybe it's a better lunch spot.

1  Thank Lisa D
There are newer reviews for Topside Grill and Pub

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This place was excellent. Don't be turned off by the bar-like feel on the outside. The restaurant is actually very nice and the wait staff is well dressed like a nicer restaurant. Our waiter, Keagan I think his name was, was excellent and extremely personable. The food was fantastic and the cocktails were also very good. I had a fresh watermelon margarita that was out of this world. I would highly recommend Top Side for lunch or dinner while in Gloucester. In fact, hit it after a Seven seas whale watch which is right across the street!

1  Thank Stacey086
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

After reading some reviews and checking the menu i was craving some seafood.

The server, food and atmosphere were decent but was surprised in the discrepancy between the menu prices here and the actual prices. There are a couple alternatives nearby that won't break the bank.

1  Thank enmendez
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Based upon so many positive reviews, we ended up here. Unfortunately, the meal was super disappointing and the service was generally befuddled. Topside is the kind of place that when you go anywhere else afterwards, you regret having ever seen it! Unless, of course you want to eat uninspired, northeastern MA, italian-American cuisine from 1983.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Read numerous good reviews on TripAdvisor, so decided to give Topside a try. My wife had the Fish & Chips, and I had the Clam & Shrimp Combo. The food was very very good. The service was excellent. I asked for a substitution which was cheerfully accommodated, and extra tartar sauce was supplied on request. I was in the mood for seafood, and I was not disappointed by my decision to try Topside. If my travels again take me to Gloucester, MA, Topside will be on my list.

1  Thank LesCenter