“Y'all will love this place!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gloucester
Blue Shutters Beachside Inn
Ranked #1 of 17 Gloucester B&B and Inns
dallas, texas
“Y'all will love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

4 of us stayed at Blue Shutters Sunday night. GO RANGERS!!! Ed was great. Very informative. Even called and booked reservations for us at a really good restaurant. Just wish we had time to stay longer. Perfect location.
We'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: We stayed in Deckside. Was perfect for 4 adults. 2 bedrooms, 1 and 1/2 baths..Kitchen and living ar...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank redheadgirll

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Castleton On Hudson, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

We usually stay at the Bass Rocks and they required a 3 night stay for our weekend and we couldn't do that. So I found the Blue Shutters and i was so excited when Patty called and said they had a cancellation. We arrived Friday night greeted by Tony and Eddie, got to our room sat outside and had our pizza and a few drinks to wind down after a long drive. Loved the atmosphere. Thought WOW we like this, very nice. Then the owner Eddie comes out sits on the front steps lights up a cigarette and starts talking loudly on his cell phone. Kind of weird for an Inn owner, but ok ,we ignored it.
Then next day we step out to go to the beach and there is Eddie, and he says which car is yours,
we point it out and he says ok that is fine for now. We both look at each other like ???? Oh well. About 2 hrs later my fiancé walks up to the Inn from the beach to use our bathroom and there is Eddie sitting/leaning on his BMW ( which is his pride and joy) SO INAPPROPRIATE of an Inn Owner. To be leaning on your guests cars. Now if it was my jeep I wouldn't care much, would still find it inappropriate. But my fiancé did care. His car is something he takes very good care of. We decided to not let it bother us but at that point knew we wouldn't be returning to a place that didn't take it's customers seriously and treated their items with such little regard.
About 4pm we returned to the Inn with the parking lot full of cars, now we know why Eddie asked which car was ours. The Inn owners were entertaining their friends and family that not only took
up much of the property that should be there for guests to enjoy they were running in and out of the Inn like they were at a family function. Oh wait a minute they were. We immediately felt awkward and felt like suddenly we were in someone's house. That atmosphere we felt upon arrival for that first 30 mins was no longer there. I did mention the uncomfortableness to Tony. Just felt this place is not run like a business. The owners seem like visitors are there to see them. Way to much interaction with guests is our opinion. Some may like this we don't. Not why we vacation.
Also with our room on the main floor you could hear
everything in the main living room including the children pounding on the piano after 8pm.
We could not wait to leave that next morning, we won't be returning. Which is a shame as the
location is great.
When we go on vacation we are not looking to hang out with the owners or their family. We are
on vacation to spend quality time together. And when we pick a location this location should be serene, and relaxing. This environment was nothing like that. Would not recommend it to couples
looking to spend time together. Just not the right place for us.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
11 Thank DBOUCH
Abilene, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012 via mobile

I found Blue Shutters using Trip Advisor. I had one night in the middle of a trip where I could fit in a little time at the beach. From my initial contact with Tony Sapienza, one of the innkeepers, I had a wonderful experience. When I arrived I was greeted by both of the couples who own the in. You can tell that they love people and love what they do - they were friendly, gracious and kind. I asked for a dinner recommendation - while I went upstairs to change, Tony called ahead and discovered the restaurant was closed, so he recommended another place that worked out well. I had a beautiful view of the ocean from my room (wheelhouse room). The room was simple but had everything I needed. I had a shared bath down the hall. The one caveat is that, just like any older property, there are squeaks, creaks, and fairly thin walls - that goes with the territory. Just don't expect the muffled quiet of a chain hotel. They provide a continentsl breakfast that includes scones, toast, yogurt, boiled eggs, coffee, and tea Good Harbor Beach is a short walk across the foot bridge and is lovely. I would recommend Blue Shutters and her gracious hosts.

• Stayed August 2012
Portland, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is the first time we have ever stayed in Gloucester and we are delighted with the choice of accommodations we made. We spent three nights in the Beachside Room enjoying the hospitality and amazing views offered by the Blue Shutter Inn.

If you are looking for a sit down breakfast with multiple courses, this is not the place for you. If you want to come with your entire family, enjoy an easy walk to the beach, feel comfortable in flip flops and a towel, you will have found your home.

I was a little afraid at first that our kingsized bed was a little too soft for our tastes. While it may seem soft, I had three of the best nights sleep that I have had in quite some time. And inspite of the fact that I had no intention of using the kitchen, the microwave and the fridge came in very handy for storing water and leftovers.

While I took advantage of the free Wifi I could sit at the desk and enoy views of the beach, the lighthouse and the tidal pool. We walked over to the beach on Saturday evening and were privileged to see a double rainbow. It seemed to us to be a symbol of the wonderful three days we spent here.

We ate breakfast at the inn one day and there really are plenty of options including coffee, juice, bread, bagels and muffins to toast, scones and pastires, oatmeal that you can cook, fresh fruit and yogurt. Carb heavy but certainly satisfying. I am a breakfast person so we went to Charley's one morning and Alchemy for Brunch on Sunday.

Would I recommend Blue Shutters? I already have, the two bedroom apartment is perfect for my daughter and family and my girlfriend and I will come back to the room with the twin beds for a girls getaway. As it was, it was a perfect place for my husband and I to relax and it is convenient to all the things in the area that we wanted to see.

Is it fancy? NO. Is it stuffy? NO Is it friendly and casual, a resounding YES. It is the perfect beach destinationWe aonly met two of the hosts, Eddie and Ann Marie but both made us feel as if we were old friends from the moment we met and they were there to answer any questions that we had and to provide any additional assistance. You don't have to worry about being abandoned to your own devices unless that is what you want. There is also a Stop and Shop and CVS Pharmacy within walking distance as well as ice cream.

Room Tip: All the rooms are different, make sure to check the website carefully to make sure you get what you...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zabelle
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

I have been traveling to Gloucester, MA for the past 14 years and have stayed at a number of enjoyable places in Gloucester. This last visit was my first time staying at Blue Shutters Beachside Inn and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The location is absolutely perfect to enjoy the beach and an even more perfect place to simply relax. The innkeepers are friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable about the area. They have been successful in making the inn have a comfortable homelike feeling. The atmosphere is so comfortable that one quickly feels like he/she is visiting in the home of old friends or family. Most of the rooms face the beach so one can enjoy the beautiful sunrises over Good Harbor Beach without leaving the room. Great place,friendly people and location, location, location!!!! I highly recommend this wonderful inn.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a private bath, so if this is an important issue be sure to ask.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Brenda M
boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

We have stayed at the Blue Shutters three times. If you like the beach, this is a great place to stay. The innkeepers are very friendly and will make sure you have everything you need. They serve a continental breakfast which is included in the rate. This is a great place to bring kids, they are welcome here. There are several different room options, from an apartment style to standard one bed rooms. This is not a pristine cleanly decorated place, it is more like an eclectic beach house with lots of books on the shelves, mix and match fairly worn furniture and a laid back feel. The entrance area has several couches to sit on and watch the beach activity through binoculars if interested. It is an old property so do not expect a Marriot hotel experience or something similar. Great place to pop in and out of as you explore the beach and all the North Shore of Massachusetts has to offer.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank pinetamare
West Seneca, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at the Blue Shutters Beachside Inn last year for one night after a hectic Halloween week in Salem. We wanted peace and quiet, relaxation, and time to unwind. I fell in love with this place. Even though it was early November, the scenery couldn't be beat. The breakfast offered was fresh, and delightful. Piping hot coffee, and a huge picture book window looking to Good Harbor beach was all I needed to find a piece of heaven. The sunrise and sunset were more beautiful than anyphoto could capture. A brisk walk on the beach cleared the mind, and made one feel totally revieved. We were welcomed by Ed Comer.His friendliness, and helpfulness were unmatched. We stayed in the Fireside Room, and it was comfy and relaxing. Everything was clean, and well cared for. I loved the personal attention we received. You do not find this at a "chain" hotel. We have our plans for Salem again this year, but we are coming to Gloucester for two nights this year at the Blue Shutters Beachside Inn...I insisted on it! : )

Room Tip: The Fireside Room is a nice large room with a non-working, but lovely fireplace. The room is on the...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank StormyDaze0929
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gloucester
Beauport Hotel
#2 of 7 in Gloucester
Harborview Inn
Harborview Inn
#2 of 17 in Gloucester

Been to Blue Shutters Beachside Inn? Share your experiences!