“Quaint, Beachfront Getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gloucester
Blue Shutters Beachside Inn
Ranked #1 of 17 Gloucester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The location of this b&b can't be beat! Beautiful views of the ocean. For those who are runners - great running available right up the coast (ask Ed he will tell you how far/where to go!). The common area was decorated for Christmas and very inviting. The room was spacious and clean. The host (Ed) wanted nothing more than to make us feel at home.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view :)
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank johannaroxanne

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Great hosts make a lovely town even better. Always ready to help with dinner suggestions, marshmallows for s'mores, and the best view to wake up to. Can't wait to be back again. Thank you Tony, Ed, and families.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mob3770
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed in the room Twin Lights which has great views of the ocean. The room and bathroom were clean and comfortable.

The B&B sits right at the end of Good Harbor Beach, where we spent a couple of afternoons. It's also located in a great place for going for a run or walk along the coast. I highly recommend getting on the beach for sunrise.

The hosts were great and invited us to join them and other guests one night for drinks and some impromptu live music.

It was very peaceful eating breakfast on the deck chairs in the front garden watching the sun rise over the ocean. Will be returning again next summer.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dan S
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Spent 3 nights here, lovely weather, good breakfasts (help yourself style), plentiful. Very friendly, hotel garden could do with a few more flowers and a bit of a tidy, generally clean and comfortable, deckchairs, bodyboards and beach towels on hand. We had the apartment on the side of the house, found it to be slightly shabbier than the main house, steps up to room wooden, banisters etc. would not pass health and safety standards in UK. Electric sockets in bathroom. Kitchen certainly needed updating, but as we only used the gas stove for the kettle it wasn't a problem for us. House overlooks the sea, you could not fault the location it was wonderful!

Room Tip: We did not see main house bedrooms, cannot comment, all very clean, lots of towels, bedroom in Apart...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nenims
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Historic Inn right off the end of Good Harbor Beach. The owners are always at hand for anything you need. Breakfast is serve yourself which was fine but could use some higher quality choices. Other than that, it was a fantastic stay.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I've been coming to Gloucester almost my entire life. The new(ish) owners have made the place 100% better. The location is amazing (at the foot bridge of Good Harbor) and the Blue Shutters feels like a home away from home. For context I am peripatetic traveler who doesn't mind spartan conditions.

The good: great location. clean rooms. helpful/friendly owners.

The needs improvement: the beds are old and soft.
I'm not a large person (5" 9", 165 pounds) and I find myself swallowed by the mattress when I lay down. Get a new bed and this place gets a 5th star!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 8 August 2013

The purpose of this long weekend getaway was a girl weekend away with the women in my family. It was everything we were expecting and more...well some of us, my aunts are more hotel people not used to the inn feel. Blue shutters is a great place. But if your expecting modern rooms with a large hotel feel, this place is not for you. I have been to many bed and breakfasts, as you will see in my past reviews. This is a great mix. Its not quite a bed and breakfast because the owners don't cook you breakfast. BUT they do give a great continental spread when you first walk in the door. The rooms are quaint. I shared the fireside room, with my mother and cousin. It had a king size bed and a full size pull out. The room was clean and appropriately decorated for a nautical New England feel, but needed a little updating with the bathroom. My Aunts room, which was probably the smallest of all three that we had that weekend, and of all the rooms they rented was also nice, but not the best for two adults. The view was amazing in all the rooms. It was the beach directly across the street. When we got there on Friday afternoon, the haze of the rain was just coming in and the tide was out. There is this very picturesque dock that leads from the road to the beach. The road continues to wind up the hill to more bed and breakfasts that are along the coast. For those of you readers who are runners its a great path to run on. I did a 4.5 mile loop and found great streets while seeing downtown gloucester. The owners were all very nice and accommodating. There are refrigerators in all the rooms so we had the ability to bring our own food and beverages. BUT there is also a stop and shop within walking distance from the inn, and a great little coffee shop and breakfast place. I guess the reason why I didn't give this place five stars was that it was outdated. They need to update the bathrooms and the decor. If I could give 4.5 stars I would. I also reviewed restaurants that were around the area as well. When I return to Gloucester I will definitely be staying there. They host many events at the inn, I think in September they are having a medium, and in the slow months they have a food and wine festival. Overall Gloucester is a very active town so it doesn't surprise me that the inn follows suite!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Biogeeklovesfood
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gloucester
Ocean House Hotel at Bass Rocks
#6 of 7 in Gloucester
Vista Motel
Vista Motel
#2 of 7 in Gloucester

Been to Blue Shutters Beachside Inn? Share your experiences!