“Richard and Lara”

Cape Ann Motor Inn
Ranked #4 of 17 Gloucester B&B and Inns
“Richard and Lara”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at hundreds of hotels all over the world and this is the best one I have ever spent time in. The rooms while spartan are clean and comfortable. If you are looking for a place with a room deck overlooking the ocean this is the place you want to be. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The beach is beautiful. We are already planning our next trip here.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Albany
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The inn is not new or modern but it makes no difference. It is clean and the staff is wonderful. The staff is pleasant, always so helpful. It is dog friendly and right on the Ocean. My husband and I love it so. You have to go down a few steps and the ocean is there. There are screened in sliding doors so you can enjoy the smell and the sound of the ocean from your room. We have been there a half dozen times and this year we went in April. Again, we have nothing bad to say. We loved our stay and look forward to next year. Thank you to the owner and wonderful staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
South Deerfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I've been going to this nice Inn for 15 years and find it just great! People are friendly, room is clean, best of all from your room there is an ocean inlet view! The lobby is always open and they have coffee, etc to choose. The staff is helpful to suggest places to eat. The parrot there is even friendly. You can take long terrific walks right on the beach sand. There are beach homes to see all along your walk. If it gets busy it could be noisy and busy on the rear decks. I've only gone in the wintertime and do love it. It it easy to call and make a reservation.

Room Tip: all rooms have a wonderful view
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Holden, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 March 2014

When we booked our room we were a little nervous after reading some of the reviews, however, we fell in love! the view from our room alone would make me go back! The staff was very pleasant and whenever we asked for a place to go for dinner they pointed us in the right direction for a great meal! We stayed in the honeymoon suite and loved it! the jacuzzi tub water stayed steaming hot every time we used even though we didn't use it the kitchen was a lot bigger than I expected and the Champagne that was put in our fridge every night was a very nice added touch! It was very relaxing to sit on the couch with the fireplace on and just watching the water out the window Yes it could use a little updating but I liked it, it had a "homey" feel to it. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars was the mattress was very uncomfortable

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Beverly, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Spent a winter night on the beach at the inn with a fireplace and a hot tub. Very nice after a beautiful cold walk on the Beach. Beach is quite beautiful in winter with wind and snow shaped sand and empty beach. Brought in food and made dinner in our room using the kitchen area and enjoyed the beach from inside. Room was clean and nice. Have stayed here in the summer also. Nice and warm in the room. A great place to stay!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Cape Neddick, Maine
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was in Gloucester for two nights to attend a November conference. This place was one of the few still open. Rooms were $85 a night/$110 for an efficiency with a full size refrigerator. Great prices and right on the beach with great views of the twin lighthouses on Thatcher's Island. If you surf, there is a nice break a few steps from the building.

Reservations are made by phone and I found the man I spoke with both times I called to be very helpful and friendly.

The room was immaculate. The place was nearly empty so I did not have neighbors and can't comment on the thin walls. I agree that the deck situation would be awkward when busy.

They are dog friendly.

My only negative comment is that I left a pair of running pants and a longsleeve shirt behind in the dresser. I called when I realized and was told that there was nothing found in the room. I was living out of a suitcase for 4 days, and attended a second conference immediately after leaving Gloucester. I called from the next hotel. So there is no chance the items were left anywhere else. My conclusion is that the items were tossed out.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank fishnut5
Northville, New York
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We, a group of 60 to 70 yr old women, spent a relaxing 4 days here. This motel is no Omni, so if that is what you like don't bother. But if your looking for clean, comfortable and perfect location AND an excellent price..........grab this room. we loved watching the surfers. The location is excellent. If you have bad knees or difficulty climbing stairs ask for a first floor room. Had a great time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank E2W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gloucester
Atlantis Oceanfront Inn
#6 of 7 in Gloucester
Sea Lion Motel
Sea Lion Motel
#5 of 7 in Gloucester

Been to Cape Ann Motor Inn? Share your experiences!