Although their lovely web site promises much, there are several problems.
- the rooms are tiny, ours had no closet and the clothes we brought for the wedding had to hang on coat hooks on the wall behind the door to the room.
- "ocean view from every room" is a stretch, in our room you'd have to stand at the window and then look 90 degrees to the right for a tiny glimpse of the ocean. and since we were physically closest to the ocean (on the other side of Atlantic Road) its unlikely any other rooms had a better view.
- the pool and patio is right outside the hotel room door, and you couldn't leave the window shades open without having everyone walking to and from the pool staring in your room. unfortunately the room had only the one window and we had to keep the shades closed continually.
- the noise from the partying at the pool even overpowered the drone of the in-wall air conditioner.
- the staff seemed uninterested, either in our discomfort, or in trying to find us another room.
My wife booked this thinking we'd have a pleasant ocean side stay while attending a friends wedding, it turned into a pretty sour experience. I don't normally take the time to write reviews, but this is an exception. This place isn’t half as nice as an average Holiday Inn. For the premium rates they charge, you could do much better somewhere else.
- Also Known As:
- Gloucester Inn By The Sea Hotel Gloucester