“Seafood Delight”
Review of Seaport Grille

Seaport Grille
Ranked #4 of 140 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Woburn, Massachusetts
“Seafood Delight”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We New Englanders love our seafood, and here's a spot, where you can get a good sampling for your dollar. They offer daily specials, which vary from shrimp to clams to lobster, along with a full menu for anyone having a taste for other non seafood. We each had the daily special on Thursday, which is a lobster roll with a choice of either French fries or coleslaw for $9.99, preceded by the app special of fried oysters for $14. The oysters were sweet & tender, although we thought the batter a bit could've used some spice. The lobster rolls were chock full of fresh meat, no mayonnaise or butter, served on a delicious white roll. We also tried a couple of martinis, as they have a full bar menu. You can sit in or out, but it's open air at this time of year, so most of the seating faces the water, a working seaport, and a yacht they use for special events. What's not to like?!

Washington, DC
“Great Food and Location”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We went on a Thursday night and the place was packed. We were told the wait was about 15-20 minutes and we were seated within that time frame at an outdoor table with a water view. We both ordered appetizers and when they came we were shocked. The wife ordered steamed clams and I ordered fried oysters. Both orders were huge!! I few would have known we would have definitely shared one. I ordered the twin steamed lobsters and the shells were so hard I broke 3 of the shell crackers. The wife had a lobster casserole and it also was huge. Both entrees were excellent. The only caution I would suggest is that when they say market price, ask what it is. When we got the bill we were surprised to see that both of the appetizers were more than our entrees. It was our fault for not asking but who would think that appetizers would cost more than entrees.

Rowley,Mass
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Seaport grille and dinner cruise”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The Seaport grille is good anyday of the week theit lobster roll special is great deal and the dinner cruise ship is an unforgetable experience

Atkinson, New Hampshire
“Noisy, mediocre service, and barely acceptable food”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Six of us went for dinner. I got an appetizer for the meal which consisted of a crab cake, shrimp tempura, and grilled shrimp. The crab cake was so badly burned I had to return it (which they did willingly, but...). The tempura covering was soggy and inedible. The grilled shrimp were good. The oysters on the half shell were excellent as were the mussels. My husband's fried calamari and French fries were very greasy and tasted like old grease. We were waited on quickly and the oysters were delivered in a timely manner, but the wait for the dinners was much too long. It's one of the noisiest restaurants I've even been in, but the view was good. With all the good restaurants in Gloucester, I will never return here.

1 Thank Donna B
Lynnfield, Massachusetts, United States
“Another fantastic meal!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just love the Seaport Grille. I have yet to be disappointed. Tonight, Saturday night, we only had a 15 min wait. We both had a "special". I had delicious swordfish with a light pineapple salsa, and really tasty coleslaw. My husband had swordfish, clams, and shrimp with mushrooms, and spinach in a sherry cream sauce, served over pasta, that was to die for. The portions were large, and the flavors will keep us coming back for more. The waitstaff were wonderfully attentive to our every need. They have a boat called Cruiseport serving Saturday night dinner at sea from 6-9, and a brunch leaving at 11 am every Sunday. This we must try real soon.

• Visited May 2014