“Down home. Good food. Good service”
Review of Charlie's Place

Charlie's Place
Ranked #15 of 138 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dutchess County, NY
“Down home. Good food. Good service”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Yeah, it's not haute cuisine. But here's the thing. It's just simple, good food. Lotsa choices. Pleasant and speedy service. The best thing is: if you're vacationing, you can throw your laundry in the machines at the laundromat next door, then come back for another cup of coffee at the counter while it dries. So much more fun than doing laundry at home!

Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
“Meh”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Typical no frills townie restaurant. I'm used to places like these from growing up, so I didn't expect the food to be very good. . I almost didn't come but since most of the yelp reviews were good I decided to try it.

Yeah, I was totally right. I got the fish and chips and the fish (cod) was tough, almost mealy in texture. Maybe they use frozen cod that's been in the freezer for months? The fries weren't bad, I'd give them a 6 out of 10. The cole slaw was really good, but since the fish was so gross my meal was a bummer. The service was excellent though.

Visited July 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
“It is a Classic Folks!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Ok, now listen to this- I had a co-worker look up on the internet the "best lobster roll place in Gloucester and guess what popped up? It was Charlie's Place...they said it wasn't to be missed. We are currently spending the week here so we had to give it a try. It was worth the wait, because on a Friday night what would expect the best lobster roll restaurant to be but busy! We throughly enjoyed the meal and the people serving us were fast, friendly and very efficient. Don't miss this place if you're going to be in the Gloucester area.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank 299PFrank
Tallahassee, Florida
“Good food-Friendly service”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Food was very good and portions large. Very friendly staff and reasonable prices. Located conveniently near the Inn.

Visited June 2014
Medford, Massachusetts
“Great visit ”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I had never been to Good Harbor Beach and when I went for the first time we stopped at Charlie's Place for lunch. It was such a friendly atmosphere I felt like family. The minute we walked in 3 different people greeted us and told us to sit wherever we'd like. The food was great! I got the cranberry walnut chicken salad, it was unbelievable. My friend got the lobster roll with fries and loved it! I really recommend this place because at the end of our meal we really didn't feel like it hurt our wallets! Prices of the meals were great!

1 Thank Giselleeb216