“If you are on vacations... go elsewhere” 2 of 5 bubbles

Charlie's Place
Ranked #15 of 137 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rochester
“If you are on vacations... go elsewhere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

You want the best out of your vacations, right? Good food, great service, nice setting, pretty view - or at least one of the above? Well, you'll find none of this here. The place looks like a cheap lunch area in a run down office with the nice view of next door's laundromat. I wouldn't call service unfriendly, but it was mediocre - empty dishes were never taken off the table during my lunch and I had to move empty plates around in order to get a space to sign my receipt, my water glass was never refilled... And food? "Famous" lobster roll was a mixture or cold lobster meat (real?processed? - I couldn't tell) and lots of mayo. That's it. And you will not be saving much by going here, so - do yourself a favor, go somewhere else.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Dutchess County, NY
“Down home. Good food. Good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Yeah, it's not haute cuisine. But here's the thing. It's just simple, good food. Lotsa choices. Pleasant and speedy service. The best thing is: if you're vacationing, you can throw your laundry in the machines at the laundromat next door, then come back for another cup of coffee at the counter while it dries. So much more fun than doing laundry at home!

Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
“Meh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Typical no frills townie restaurant. I'm used to places like these from growing up, so I didn't expect the food to be very good. . I almost didn't come but since most of the yelp reviews were good I decided to try it.

Yeah, I was totally right. I got the fish and chips and the fish (cod) was tough, almost mealy in texture. Maybe they use frozen cod that's been in the freezer for months? The fries weren't bad, I'd give them a 6 out of 10. The cole slaw was really good, but since the fish was so gross my meal was a bummer. The service was excellent though.

Visited July 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
“It is a Classic Folks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Ok, now listen to this- I had a co-worker look up on the internet the "best lobster roll place in Gloucester and guess what popped up? It was Charlie's Place...they said it wasn't to be missed. We are currently spending the week here so we had to give it a try. It was worth the wait, because on a Friday night what would expect the best lobster roll restaurant to be but busy! We throughly enjoyed the meal and the people serving us were fast, friendly and very efficient. Don't miss this place if you're going to be in the Gloucester area.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank 299PFrank
Tallahassee, Florida
“Good food-Friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Food was very good and portions large. Very friendly staff and reasonable prices. Located conveniently near the Inn.

Visited June 2014