“Best gluten free meal in 7 years!”
Review of Giuseppe's Ristorante - CLOSED

Giuseppe's Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I visited this restaurant in August 2013 to celebrate my 7 year anniversary! I live in nyc and this is by far the best gf italian restaurant I have been to, very accommodating, great service. Huge I mean huge portions for a reasonable price! Definitely check it out

There are newer reviews for Giuseppe's Ristorante

Reviewed 1 September 2013

The salad was very good but the main course was lousy. I got the ravioli and the marinara sauce was awful. It was one of the worst sauces I have ever had. Also, the ravioli was extremely over-cooked. The service was great but I do not recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Giuseppe's has a real family feel to it. The owners are almost always there and take a lot of pride in their restaurant. The food is always great, the red sangria is excellent. The portions are large and we really enjoy the warm, fresh rolls that are served with dipping oil. When in Gloucester, be sure to take in the piano bar or one of the other musical acts

Reviewed 25 July 2013

It was 10:30 at night and I was sharing a huge cannoli with my daughter. The piano player had Sweet Caroline going and the patrons were singing along. It just felt right. This is a nice Italian restaurant than gives you a nice feeling when you leave. The eggplant and pasta were good dishes, as was the huge side of meatballs. Worth the stop....and plenty of leftovers for the next day.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

I have to admit to being surprised by the strong reviews here, and I'm willing to accept that we may have gone on an off night, but the food we had here was truly mediocre. It didn't help that we were a table of two seated in the midst of several BIG parties. An earlier reviewer suggests this restaurant has a romantic atmosphere, but that was certainly not so for us. Again, it was a busy Saturday night, so perhaps on other nights it would be more romantic. The biggest problem was the entrees. Our Caesar salads were fine if not inspired, but my mussels marinara and husband's pasta with bolognese sauce were not very good. The bolognese was basically ground beef with almost no flavor or anything else to it. My mussels seemed to be sauced with a can of chopped tomatoes, and the menu's promised scampi sauce was completely missing. So basically the sauce had no flavor. The mussels were cooked properly, but that's about all I can say in their favor, and believe me, I get mussels all the time, so I know a good sauce when I have it.

Not a place to which we will return, and not a place I'd recommend.