“Catch the tour”

and up
Gloucester Harbor Cruise with Lobster Bake
Ranked #3 of 57 things to do in Gloucester
More attraction details
Owner description: Medieval-style castle built by inventor John Hays Hammond.
Lake George, New York
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Catch the tour”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My husband and I caught up about 5 minutes into the tour. The guide(wish I knew his name)
added so much history and anecdotes to the experience I feel much would have been unappreciated if we had just looked around ourselves. How else would we have known there is a weather system in the pool area and heard what a practical joker the castle owner was?
The gardens look unkempt, but the castle itself was intriguing.
As an aside, we saw a marriage proposal from the balcony the day we were there, couldn't hear a thing but it looked very romantic and was quite obvious she said yes!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank juri62

Epping
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Hammond Castle”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This place is beautiful. We had so much fun roaming the grounds and enjoyed the interior. They have so much history there. The staff are great and really can answer any questions you may have. Going back again soon!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank cwlady41
Yonkers, New York
127 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Great Trip Back In Time”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Touring this castle takes one back in time to days and years gone by. appointed beautifully and the self guided tour was interesting and educational at the same time. way to go Hammond Castle

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Dante-Donna
Ontario
108 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Very interesting place to visit.”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Staff was super friendly and very knowledgeable of the castle. The grounds were simply beautiful and well kept. Unfortunately it was raining the day we went but still had a great time. Well worth the money and would go back if in the area.

Visited May 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Castles Rock!! ”
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Actually went my first time to this castle in July 2011. It is the first castle I visited in the United States although I was born here and lived here my whole life. It was just me am my mother touring and we ended up touring along with some high school kids who were given a narrated your. I learned so much and enjoyed every area of the castle we experienced. If you love old things and history it's a great place to visit.