“Meticulously maintained property w/tremendous view, great pool”

Atlantis Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Gloucester
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Just stayed here this past week. Same experience as other reviewers. Spotless property with meticulously maintained grounds including the pool (it was the nicest pool I've ever been in). I saw their staff working all day, every day, looking after the property. Very clean room, good size (both room and bathroom - pleasantly surprised by large fridge), with a fantastic view (booked oceanfront terrace first floor). Had breakfast in their restaurant every morning - super convenient, good food, good service. Great service from inn staff all around. If I could think of any complaints, it would be the ugly bedspread (not my taste), bed was a little too soft, and my wish for private terraces (and balconies), but other than that, just perfect. I saw that some reviewers complained about the proximity to the beach, but I had no problem with this. My family walked one day (not too bad) and parked in the Good Harbor lot the rest (the discount from the inn was nice). Plan on making a visit to this inn an annual event. Can't recommend it enough (just don't go when I need reservations :-)).

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AuntieNacho
There are newer reviews for Atlantis Oceanfront Inn

Reviewed 12 August 2012

I have several friends at work to love Gloucester, so we looked around for a place to stay, this late in the year most things are already booked. I called the Atlantis one night and from the first phone call, when I got Tom,he went out of his way to find a room for the four days we needed without changing rooms in the middle of the stay.When we arrived early , our room was not quite ready, (now I know why) the place is so clean , everywhere ! They asked what we would like to do for a couple of hours and I wanted the best lobster roll ever! They sent us to the Seaport Grill, which was having their special, Lobster roll with fries, $9.99, the biggest you have seen! When we got back, our room was spic and span! As was it for the rest of our stay,along with one of the best breakfast's you can get. They make their own muffins, the banana, raspberry was incredible !!! The Eggs benedict was outstanding...they should have lunch and dinner. Staff is very friendly and the place has a amazing view of the ocean, the moon just hangs right over the windows. It's a place we would visit again! Also the beds are really comfortable and easy to adjust to!

Room Tip: The top floor seems to be the best, although no elevator but since it's only one flight up, not...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IBJosey
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My daughter and I stayed here about 3 weeks ago. We were very pleased. You could tell the hotel is an older property but it is so clean and well kept. The staff were very accomodating and friendly and we loved the town, too. Would recommend if you are in the area. Only drawback is the shared balcony but this would not keep me from returning.

3  Thank southerngirl52
Reviewed 4 August 2012

This hotel sits on a sleepy road above a rocky coastal cliff along the ocean with sweeping views of the Atlantic Ocean and Thacher Island. The room was originally booked for two but, at the last minute, two more family members were able to join us. The hotel was more than helpful to accommodate us in the same room since they were otherwise booked solid. We found the hotel to be clean and very comfortable. We loaded up on snacks and drinks in the nice sized refrigerator (way larger than a mini fridge), and there was always plenty of delicious coffee in the room for the coffeemaker. Our room was on the ground floor allowing us to walk right out onto the terrace and sit outside and enjoy the view of the pool and ocean right outside our door. It was wonderful to be able to sleep with the door open and feel and breathe the ocean air. The pool was clean and towels were provided. The hotel has a wonderful breakfast restaurant and the lobby is filled with brochures on all activities. Everyone at the desk was so helpful in answering all our questions. We asked for a late checkout and although they were booked solid for check-ins, they allowed us to check out an hour-and-a-half later. We can't wait to visit Gloucester again and, of course, we plan to stay here again! This is a gem!

Room Tip: Every room appears to be a good room
2  Thank csavyfan
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Cant say enough good things about this place. Super clean. Comfortable. All the staff were excellent. The breakfast restaurant is wicked good. Right on the ocean and every room truly has a view.
I'd live there if I could afford it. Its on the higher end of price. But not ridiculous. Worth every penny. And I rarely say that let me tell you.
I will be back next time I'm in Gloucester for sure.

Room Tip: All the rooms overlook the ocean. But the second floor rooms have the best view and a terrace to rel...
1  Thank John S
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We returned in late June for our annual three night stay at the Atlantis and were again impressed with all the Inn offers.The rooms are impeccably clean and the grounds and the buildings so well maintained. The restaurant offers a varied and delightful menu and the staff are consistently friendly, professional and helpful.The ocean view is outstanding both from the picture window and the deck, but there is also much to explore and enjoy in Gloucester, Rockport and the village of Annisquam.For a lobster treat, we recommend "Roy's" at Bearskin Neck or his restaurant , also in Rockport overlooking the harbor. "Topside" in Gloucester is another favorite place to dine. This year we took the 2 1/2 hour Lighthouse Tour from Gloucester Harbor and strongly recommend it.
We certainly look forward to returning to this gem of an Inn-perhaps next year we should extend our stay!.
Nancy and Arthur, Uxbridge, MA

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2012

This was our first stay in this Inn and were continually amazed at how every little nook and cranny
was spotless. Everyone was extremely friendly and couldn't have been more helpful to ensure we had a nice visit in Gloucester. We were met upon check in with a warm chocolate chip cookie, and it got better from there. The towels were plentiful, beds were super comfortable and a large refrigerator was included. The pool was pristine. We stayed on the second floor and had an unobstructed view of the open ocean, which we enjoyed from the tables and chairs standard in every room. Other posting sited the cost as inflated, but I think it was certainly fair, especially since it was during the high tourist season. We have stayed in a few other motel/inns in Gloucester last year and frankly, we didn't expect much from this one based on our prior
experience. We were happily surprised and circumstance allowing, we will gladly return!
PS....the fish cakes in the breakfast cafe are delicious!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VermontRN
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gloucester
Ocean House Hotel at Bass Rocks
Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge
Cape Ann's Marina Resort
Cape Ann's Marina Resort
#6 of 7 in Gloucester

Been to Atlantis Oceanfront Inn? Share your experiences!