“"We could not have asked for more."”
Review of Vista Motel

Vista Motel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Gloucester
Towson, Maryland
“"We could not have asked for more."”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

A friend and I visited the Vista for a one night stay after Labor Day. The cleanliness and amenities of the room - an obstructed view - were as complete as a much more expensive one. I say the same for the welcome and the service while we were there. Every question was answered with a welcoming and detailed response, for example my desire to walk the beach at Good Harbor. The owner quickly and pleasantly responded to a concern about the lock. The breakfast was complete and delicious and carefully attended by a staff member who saw that beverages, yogurt and muffins, etc., were quickly replenished . The breakfast space was the most attractive that I've seen in a motel. My friend enjoyed the pool. All in all, we could not have asked for more. I would certainly recommend it to others and would be delighted to stay there if another trip to the North Shore comes up.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Glastonbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Took a chance on this hotel as it received good reviews on this website. I was pleasantly surprised as it boasted key conveniences that every traveler looking for good value would love.

The rooms are clean and well-kept and the bathroom stocked with enough soaps, bottles of shampoo and conditioner. Towels were clean and of relatively good quality. Not thinned out at all. We were placed on the second building but the hotel was designed in such a way that all rooms would get a good view of the beach and ocean. We had a balcony with two plastic chairs and a table that was wiped down. No need for dusting. Cable TV had lots of channels, including HBO.

Check-in was fast and efficient. Wifi was fast and easy to access.

A continental breakfast was served in a cute sunroom in the main building and had a good selection of cereal, juice, coffee/tea, donuts and muffins. Across this was the pool that was heated. I did not use this but the front desk staff was quick to let us know of this feature.

Location is pretty good. It's only a 3-minute drive to Good Harbor Beach and about 5 minutes to downtown. It is around the corner from a shopping complex that includes Shaws and CVS. Very convenient.

Stay here, I doubt you will be disappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms in the second building will have a carport and a balcony. Rooms in the first building will hav...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Courtenay, Canada
Reviewed 8 September 2013

When I visit Gloucester, I stay at the Vista. It has an excellent location close within walking distance of the main attraction - Good Harbor Beach! For a motel, this is a really good value. This trip I got to stay in Room 10 - it has windows on 3 sides, making it feel brighter, and airier. The breakfast room and outdoor seating is so relaxing, with free newspapers to read. I appreciate getting a free breakfast, but am hoping in the future the selection is expanded as not everyone likes cold cereals, sweet donuts and baked goods plus yogurts and fruits = need something salty - maybe toast? Boiled eggs? The folks who work here are consistently friendly and extremely accommodating. Beds are firm, nice pillows. Not the most modern facility, but definitely has character, and is kept very clean. Can even walk or take a bus into the downtown area, but I suggest just laying back and relaxing.

Room Tip: I learned as I was checking out that #10 is the most requested room - for obvious reasons. Only pro...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank nishamah
Lakeville, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This is a great motel and just what we needed for a one night stay in Gloucester. Although somewhat dated, it's very clean and well maintained. The light breakfast in the morning, microwave and refrige and the room and the beautiful views are additional benefits. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. This was my second time staying at the Vista and will be my first choice if I visit Gloucester again. I will surely recommend this motel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
CT
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We booked the Vista Motel based on recommendations here. Overall very happy with our stay rooms are clean though mattress, pillows, and bathroom were dated. View was stunning and we enjoyed afternoons sitting on the porch and relaxing, the grounds are kept immaculate and it is obvious great care is taken in landscaping. Good Harbor Beach is only about a 1/4 mile down the road with sidewalks the entire way. Breakfast has the most delicious donuts and coffee. Downtown Gloucester is only a few miles away with lots of restaurants and fun things to explore. We would return to the Vista again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the King Deluxe on the 2nd floor at the end, great spot on the corner the view was awes...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Gloucester, Virginia
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I was initially skeptical about all the good reviews because the photos showed a very ordinary looking motel. I wondered if I was being scammed, but made a reservation anyway.
The place really is a motel, but what the photos don't show is the immaculate landscaping, how clean everything is, how inviting the pool, how great the view is, and how helpful the staff is. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our three-day stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Will G
Charlotte, nc
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Just returned from a weekend trip to the Vista. What a great location and wonderful place to stay. The view from the property is beautiful. We were in a perfect spot to walk the beach and be close to town for the whale watch tour. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast each morning was a great start to our day.
I look forward to my next stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank scubadonna
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gloucester
Atlantis Oceanfront Inn
#6 of 7 in Gloucester
Sea Lion Motel
Sea Lion Motel
#5 of 7 in Gloucester

Been to Vista Motel? Share your experiences!