“This is the place to stay”
Review of Vista Motel

Vista Motel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Gloucester
Massachusetts
“This is the place to stay”
Reviewed 6 August 2010

I'm originally from Gloucester, headed back for our anniversary. We originally had a room at a dump on the Causeway, (that was supposedly renovated...ha). After leaving after just one night, we were left without a place to stay. We happened upon the Vista and were lucky enough to get a room. It was very clean, the staff were respectful and helpful, and the view was incredible. We had an efficiency room. Since this stay, we've stayed once more and will continue to stay here. The continental breakfast is much better than the usual fare serving continental style. The breads, muffins, fresh fruit and cereal were excellent, as was the coffee. No more cheesy stays on the Causeway. The Vista's it for us.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Powell, OH
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I agree with the other reviewers in their characterization of this property. It is very clean, but could use some remodeling. The ceiling tiles in our room were sagging in places and looked as if someone had unsuccessfully attempted to fix them. The carpet had some sun damage, and some of the tile, grout, etc. was showing wear. Nevertheless, it felt very clean. The rooms are very spacious, and the light-blocking drapes work pretty well. It was nice and quiet, and the beds were pretty comfortable. The pool is great, as is the customer service. I love the location, and found the walk to the beach to be quick and charming. We took advantage of the discounted beach parking passes to visit another Gloucester beach. The breakfast is a bit carb-heavy, but the donuts are some of the best I have ever had! The other guests were predominantly European on this particular trip. We will definitely return! Great value.

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Mystic, Connecticut
Reviewed 19 July 2010

My wife and I came to spend our anniversary here and we ended up extending our stay and turning it into a family vacation. You can tell that the owners' expectations are high--every staff member gave personalized service with a smile and truly every aspect of our stay was well-looked after. It's a short drive to great dinner and social spots and beaches--you almost don't need to get in the car though, so many things are walkable distance. We also encountered so many friendly guests who all seemed to say they'd been coming here for years. Essentially we easily decided to make the Vista home to our annual summer visit to Gloucester!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Northern NJ
Reviewed 21 June 2010

This is an older motel (50s or 60s) but it is immaculate. There's no sign of wear. everything works and the showers are great (Oxygenics). Rooms have a view of the ocean and when you call for a reservation you are given a choice of views. An obstructed view is a bit cheaper. An unobstructed view was $120 a night and included a continental breakfast. the desk staff was cheerful and helpful. Location is great. 5 minutes from everywhere.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 20 April 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Vista Motel for two nights. The staff/owners gave us excellent service. The room was clean and what a view, we made coffee in the morning and enjoyed it outside on the balcony. Quiet and very comfortable would love to bring the kids in the summer. The beach is right there and the kids would love the outside pool.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rejsesyg
North Carolina
Reviewed 10 April 2010

2nd year in a row we stayed here, beautiful view, FAST WIFI, clean, comfortable, quiet room. everything needed for an extended stay, even silverware! I grew up in Gloucester and always noticed the Vista as being there but never realized it was such a "Hidden Jewel"!
Now when I get home to visit, I make it a point to stay here. EXCELLENT! A little pricey but hey...it's Gloucester!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Plymouth MA,
Reviewed 16 February 2010

This is the third time I have stayed at the Vista and look foreword to my next visit. The first two times were on over night trips with my daughter, once in the summer and once in Oct. to go to the Hammond Haunted Castle for Halloween. This time it was Valentine's weekend with my girlfriend. Even if I tried I could not find a negative thing to say about the hotel or the staff. The first time I stayed there I was coming back from Maine after a few days if white water rafting with my daughter. We had a few more days to kill and decided to do it in the North Shore area after stopping at several hotels and being quoted outrageous rates or seeing a no vacancy sign we half heartedly stopped at the Vista. We were warmly greeted and quoted a reasonable rate. The stay there was perfect and in conversation with other guests by the pool or at the continental breakfast all felt the same and at least two people I had conversations with where repeat customers.
Make your reservations now!!! :-) You will come back again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gloucester
Atlantis Oceanfront Inn
Bearskin Neck Motor Lodge
Sea Lion Motel
Sea Lion Motel
#5 of 7 in Gloucester

Been to Vista Motel? Share your experiences!