“Really delicious Pizza”

Ranked #85 of 140 Restaurants in Gloucester
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Really delicious Pizza”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Living in Gloucester, MA there are several great pizza places to choose from with Papa Gino's being one of just a couple of "chain" pizzerias. We really love their pizza! It is consistently delicious with a thin, crispy crust and great tasting toppings. Their salads are also always fresh. What's more, the delivery service is outstanding! We call for delivery more than we visit the restaurant and every time the person who takes my phone order is polite and helpful. The delivery staff always bring my order in the promised time frame, they are personable and really friendly. Family & friends visiting us from Germany and Ireland have also commented on how much they liked the pizza we ordered for them. I can definitely recommend Papa Gino's!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Hexy

Gloucester
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lacks attention to detail!!!”
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

I have been going to papa ginos since I was a kid, and loved it!!! But the last half a dozen times that I have gone it has been a complete disappointment. It has been soggy! Falling apart! Just gross, so I decided after the second time of getting it this way I would order it well done, which I wouldn't order a well done pizza usually, but had to do it this way just so it would turn out like a nice and crispy pizza I would want. This last time I ordered I again order it well done, but clearly the don't even listen to you when they take your order because before I took the pizza home I looked and it was not even cooked!!!! The manager then asked if I would like him to through it in for alittle longer I said yes!!!! He literally stuck it in for five minutes maybe not even and sent me on my way, an again as soon as I got home I looked and it was soggy!!! And gross!!! I am extremely disappointed in this papa ginos and probably won't go back. Sucks!

• Visited February 2014
West Seneca, New York
“Always Good Pizza”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Downtown Gloucester, always good pizza. Hot and cheesy, and served fast, fast, fast! Thin crust with loads of cheese always baked perfectly, and just enough pepperoni. Yummy!!! Always nice and clean there too.

Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Stopped for late dinner”
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

I should know better than to go to a chain for pizza. The cheese was limited and the pizza was over cooked. We should have gone to a small pizza shop.

Visited July 2013
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Average Chain Pizza”
Reviewed 12 December 2012

I'm not the biggest fan of chain restaurants of any type, but a friend was in town and wanted to grab a quick and cheap slice of pizza before walking back to the train station. Papa Gino's is conveniently located in the Walgreen's Plaza downtown. It's roomy and has plenty of seating. We sat near a giant glass window and watched the passersby as we chatted. They offer pasta, but we shared a gourmet pizza. I think they are trying to pretend to be higher end at an affordable price. The pizza wasn't that memorable. It looked good, tasted fine, but nothing stood out enough about it for me to justify returning just for the pizza. The service was just okay. Not very friendly but you don't expect great service when you're ordering at the counter. Prices were good. Everything is affordable, and the portions are pretty big (if not that good for you..). We had a pleasant time eating and chatting, and I don't have any complaints but I would recommend trying some of the non-chain pizza places scattered around the downtown before Papa Gino's if you're visiting the area.

• Visited August 2012