“Underwhelmed”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I have been to George's a few times. There is generally a line to get in for breakfast on the weekend. The pancakes are gigantic and delicious. Eating one is an accomplishment! The has browns are frozen pre packaged like from McDonalds. The corned beef hash is not freshly made at the restaurant.
The restaurant has local charm and has recently remodeled and expanded.
My biggest complaint is the exceptionally slow service I have had each time I have eaten there. I waited more than 30 minutes for my meal. Then I had to ask for my bill 3 times.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

We popped into Gloucester just to get gas, and decided to find somewhere for breakfast. I had noticed George's on the way in and suggested we try it. It was packed, full of local regulars, but very friendly. I had sausage, eggs and toast and my husband wanted the pancakes. When asked how many, I suggested he have a look at the plate of the person behind him before he ordered. He turned round and saw these HUGE pancakes almost bigger than the size of the dinner plate they were on, and swiftly decided on just the one pancake. Great decision, as he could barely finish it.

George came up to say hi, and to ask us how we enjoyed our food. Like I said, very friendly and they have some great looking things on the menu. To top it all, it was really very inexpensive.

We would definitely go back. However, make sure you take cash with you as they don't take credit cards.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

We are at George's every Sunday morning and at least once or twice during the week. The owner will make sure you are happy with your meal, even design your omelet to order.Breakfasts tend to run on the large side but you can always take home the leftovers for lunch later. There may be a little wait on Sunday mornings but that just confirms that people are willing to wait for the best.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

This is our "go to " spot for breakfast on Saturday mornings. You must bring an apetite though because no matter what you order, the portions will be huge and the quality excellent. We find the short stack of pancakes delicious but impossible to finish. The same for the omeletes. The meals are quickly delivered, there's no hold up getting them from the open kitchen to your table.

The wait staff are very attentive, and there are usually plenty of them on hand. You can expect the place to be quite busy but the turnover is quick enough that you won't be waiting long.

They also have a selection of fresh baked breads for sale.

Obviously I highly recommend George's.

1  Thank MichaelFr