“Excellent food and music”

Sea Glass Restaurant At The Castle
Ranked #59 of 141 Restaurants in Gloucester
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our indoor dining is comprised of 3 connecting dining areas, all with a working hearth, and each accommodating between 15-20 persons. Graced with antique wood pocket doors, each area can closed off for a small private dinner, party or business meeting. An elegant Victorian side porch invites patrons to seasonal outdoor dining. Extend your enjoyment of the Cape Ann landscape on our heated covered deck. Fine cooking by our reality TV chef is paired with an atmosphere suitable for a romantic or formal celebration.
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent food and music”
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

While in Gloucester for a wedding my husband and I went to Sea Glass for dinner on Friday night. The food was excellent. Had scallops wrapped in proscuitto. They were fantastic. My husband had the lobster pie. Also excellent. We shared the glueten free clam chowder. Didn't know it was glueten free and didn't care but it was one if the best I ever had with tremendous flavor. The chef came out and talked to us. Lovely young man who has wonderful future. Also had dessert. Strawberry rhubarb with homemade chocolate mint ice cream. He makes all his own ice cream and it too was wonderful...what flavor! The ambiance left something to be desired and we were at first a little disappointed which is the only reason this place didnt get 5 stars. But there was a singer on Friday and Sat nights who was excellent. And the food was well worth it. Also the wine list was very affordable. Overall a wonderful night. Wish we lived closer so we could come back!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Alexmom1985

Glenview, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good service, great food... loved Sea Glass Restaurant”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

What a find... this was a last minute choice found while on the road using trip advisor. The inn was charming and warm, the service was wonderful and the food was outstanding. We also took time after the meal to listen to the great entertainment in the small bar area. We will remember this evening for a long time to come.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Find”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I were looking for a special place for dinner. We found it! Good food,everything from hamburger to tenderloin on the menu. My husband had the tenderloin steak with potatoes and asparagus. I had the seafood special,scallops and gnocchi in a fresh corn and arugula sauce,yum!
The outdoor area was okay but my only cause for complaint-it could have been much more inviting.
All in all a very good experience and I would go again.

Bridgewater, Massachusetts
“Gourmet in Gloucester!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

wow! It was great! Fantastic, reasonably priced and incredible atmosphere ( we ate on the front porch). The oysters were perfectly chilled and delicious! The beet and arugula salad hearty and healthy and the duck confit and crispy artichoke hearts unbelievable!

Visited September 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Tasty food”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Amazing clam chowder- almost too rich if such a thing is possible. Great bacon flavor- will have to try that in my clam sauce. I also ordered the mussels which were an appetizer special. These have to have been the smallest mussels I have ever had (this is on the heels of the biggest mussels had within the past month). Very disappointing. Spicy broth - a little too spicy for me- but that is just a personal choice. It was a foggy day so couldn't enjoy the setting- the wrap around porch looked particularly inviting.