“Outstanding Food! Awesome Atmosphere!! Great Service!!!”

Sea Glass Restaurant At The Castle
Ranked #81 of 138 Restaurants in Gloucester
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our indoor dining is comprised of 3 connecting dining areas, all with a working hearth, and each accommodating between 15-20 persons. Graced with antique wood pocket doors, each area can closed off for a small private dinner, party or business meeting. An elegant Victorian side porch invites patrons to seasonal outdoor dining. Extend your enjoyment of the Cape Ann landscape on our heated covered deck. Fine cooking by our reality TV chef is paired with an atmosphere suitable for a romantic or formal celebration.
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Outstanding Food! Awesome Atmosphere!! Great Service!!!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This place has really awesome food! The Filet is the best around! The Shrimp Scampi is outstanding! The Gnocchi is homemade fresh daily and is the Baked Haddock is terrific! The fried clams are really great too! And the Butterscotch Brownie Sundae is the best dessert around! All with a laid back atmosphere and the service was excellent! Go check this place out! You will not be disappointed!!! Best place around!!!

• Visited June 2014

Rockport, Massachusetts
“Not good”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I tried this restaurant after reading about it in the North Shore magazine. We were really disappointed. We visited about 6 months ago and I don't even remember what I ordered but I know we were both unhappy. One of the other reviewers commented about eating dinner at Duckworth's Bistro then trying to eat at this restaurant. No way to even compare. The service was fine as I recall, but the food was just not tasty and pretty expensive. This is one place we will not go back to and we will be suggesting other spots for our family and friends. It's too bad because it is a pretty place.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Patti T
Nick p, Manager at Sea Glass Restaurant At The Castle, responded to this review, 25 October 2015
Hey there!

I am the new Executive Chef here at Sea Glass at the Castle....I am sorry your initial experience was not good last year, but welcome you to come in and try the new menu!
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great service but mediocre food!”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and I came here last Thursday after reading the great reviews. Our service was great, our server very attentive. A woman, who I believe was the owner, was also very attentive. The food, however, was just so-so! I had the champagne chicken which was pretty bland. My husband had the sweet potato gnocchi and he was also disappointed. The sauce was too sweet and overpowered the already sweetness of the gnocchi. We also unfortunately were sitting next to a gentlemen who talked to himself all evening and wandered around the restaurant arguing with himself. Made us feel uneasy!

• Visited September 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent food and music”
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

While in Gloucester for a wedding my husband and I went to Sea Glass for dinner on Friday night. The food was excellent. Had scallops wrapped in proscuitto. They were fantastic. My husband had the lobster pie. Also excellent. We shared the glueten free clam chowder. Didn't know it was glueten free and didn't care but it was one if the best I ever had with tremendous flavor. The chef came out and talked to us. Lovely young man who has wonderful future. Also had dessert. Strawberry rhubarb with homemade chocolate mint ice cream. He makes all his own ice cream and it too was wonderful...what flavor! The ambiance left something to be desired and we were at first a little disappointed which is the only reason this place didnt get 5 stars. But there was a singer on Friday and Sat nights who was excellent. And the food was well worth it. Also the wine list was very affordable. Overall a wonderful night. Wish we lived closer so we could come back!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Alexmom1985
Glenview, Illinois
“Good service, great food... loved Sea Glass Restaurant”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

What a find... this was a last minute choice found while on the road using trip advisor. The inn was charming and warm, the service was wonderful and the food was outstanding. We also took time after the meal to listen to the great entertainment in the small bar area. We will remember this evening for a long time to come.

• Visited August 2013