“Raw Bar & Pizza and Beer, oh my!”
Review of Short & Main

Short & Main
Ranked #36 of 141 Restaurants in Gloucester
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Boston
“Raw Bar & Pizza and Beer, oh my!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

What an unexpected & fabulous combination. After the seasonal closing of their excellent waterfront dining spot, The Market - in Annisquam MA, we searched out this Main Street Gloucester storefront & found the thin crust pizza of our dreams and the same exceptional selection of oysters.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank NEPilgrim

Gloucester, MA
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Awesome vibe. Great raw bar and pizza. Seriously, if you are looking for Greek pizza or your typical American pizza, you won't get it here. Their flatbread pizzas are yummy. And expensive. My take on dining out is if the food is great and the atmosphere great, then the price is secondary.

1 Thank Hadley_Smith
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“A Hip Restaurant With Average Pizza”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This is a happening restaurant with a good vibe but they aren't as good as they think they are
in delivering expensive, thin crust pizza. They have the wood fired oven that can be used to produce good pizza but they deliver a product with too few toppings and uncooked in the center.

Some of the salads are very good and the oysters are fresh and delicious, so I would skip
the ZA and go for the bivalves.

They could also take a road trip down to Saugus on route one North and check out Angela's Coal fired pizza.(not a plug for Angela's but they no how to do thin crust pizza cooked perfectly).

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank PigeonCove
“Very pleased”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My boyfriend and I just went here last night and loved it! We had a very nice table in the corner on the porch so we weren't to close to everyone. It was a loud resturaunt but we like that kind of atmosphere and everyone sounded like they were enjoying themselves. On the way out we heard another table talking and one man said "this is the best salad I have ever had"
Food: We ordered a dozen oysters.. We love well fleet, so we ordered those( they have a few kinds). Tuna tartar was very good but the only thing was the chips they serve with it were a little over seasoned (but still really good). Then for dinner we ordered the margarita pizza... So Good! Their pizza is awesome, love the taste of the fire grilled and the sauce was perfect as well. I will recommend this place to my friends and I do plan to take a few of my friends there next Saturday. We are all raw bar fans!
Last but not least, the service. She was great very attentive and informative. Picked out two perfect wines that were exactly what my boyfriend and I like. I wish I could remember her name.

Overall I will be back :)

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Jojo3605
Lancaster, Massachusetts
“I love this place!!!!”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The food, cocktails, wine, service, ambience were incredible. There are several great restaurants in Gloucester but this one is very different and exceptional. Just a beautiful setting and great experience. Servings were generous and prices fair.

We had the lobster and eggplant appetizers. I had the Watermelon Hayseed cocktail and my husband had one with scotch in it. Then we shared a tuna pizza and I had wine and he had a beer. The bartender was a hoot. All wonderful!

• Visited August 2013