“Tasty Mexican”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2013

My husband and I both love Mexican, and the food here was very good. I highly recommend the Sirloin Fajita, it was tender and flavorful (can't vouch for the lower cost steak fajita, didn't have it). The shrimp ceviche was great too, and I enjoyed my margarita, even though I didn't order any of their more exotic ones. Quite a list. My one problem was with the chicken burrito, which was an enchilada packed with shredded chicken and not much else, but the manager very nicely comped me on it. It's a very popular place on a Thursday night, with lots of families. We got there early, which was just as well, it gets noisy. But it's a cheerful noise.

There are newer reviews for Jalapeno's Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Aside from the cactus appetizer (which we ordered on a whim--sort of like green peppers), which was well-prepared but just not our taste, everything we had was fantastic. We both had black bean soup, so good--I'm hungry just thinking about it. I really enjoyed the halibut ceviche appetizer, though there was too much homemade salsa-type stuff with it--I'd have been happy with a small plate and mostly just the fish. Margarita was perfectly fine, nothing special but tasty. Knowing we had ordered a lot of food, we just split an entree--cheese enchiladas, with mole sauce on half (server had told us it was very spicy, which I like but my husband doesn't). The enchiladas were fantastic, the mole wasn't too spicy (my chocolate-loving husband loved it), the rice and beans (which are completely vegetarian, BTW) were nice. We were too full to even consider dessert there or anywhere.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Nice decor, nice service, nice food. Terrific menu variety for both drinks (love the plethora of margarita choices) and food. Comfortable seating.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Jalapenos
We went on a week day for diner so it was not too crowded. From start to finish it was a very good experience. The drinks are good and priced as everywhere else on Cape Ann. The house Margarita is very affordable and really good.
The service is great. Our young waitress was very attentive and gracious.
The menu offers a wide variety of choice and everything I had was of upper quality. The mixed fajitas that I ordered was cooked exactly as I wanted and very flavorful.

It’s the best of the North shore.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

It's the BEST Mexican food you can get in the USA. Jose makes every sauce from scratch and they are all delicious. His Mole and Poblano sauces are our favorites. The Pork Chops are excellently cooked and have a wonderful apricot sauce. The Sangria is home made. Get a pitcher! Great Service and Food.