“The BEST Whale Watching Tour EVER”
Review of 7 Seas Whale Watch

7 Seas Whale Watch
Ranked #1 of 29 Tours in Gloucester
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Trip Advisor's #1 of 26 Tours in Gloucester, 7 Seas Whale Watch has had the privilege of introducing thousands of passengers to the many species of whales and marine wildlife that inhabit the waters from Cape Ann and out to the Stellwagen Bank Marine Sanctuary. Our trips run from mid-April to mid-October and are designed to educate, inspire and provide a deeper understanding and appreciation of our fragile marine environment. We are a family business – Three generations of career captains have worked from this very dock for more than 7 decades. We have a love and respect for the marine environment and a passion for providing the best possible customer experience for you and your family. We look forward to seeing you on the water.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Fairfield, Connecticut
“The BEST Whale Watching Tour EVER”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Let me start off by saying these guys are the BEST! Very Very Polite,professional and awesome folks. I had Groupon coupons which they gladly accepted without any issues, and helped me make a reservation over the phone when I had trouble doing it online.There is a gentleman who greets you as soon as you pull up and helps you with the parking lot loction etc. I went there with my family from overseas, and what an AMAZING experience! It was supposed to be a 3 hour tour I think, but ended up being much longer. We reached Stellwagen but there were no whales to be seen. We were starting to get disappointed, but the crew did not give up and went on further until we almost reached Province town, and thats where we saw a Feeding Frenzy. We saw about 25 Whales, about 200 dolphins and a seal! The crew were great giving great Info, and walking aound talking to everyone pesonally to make sure we were not missing anything. This was a once in a lifetime experience. Saw huge whales about 10 feet away from the boat. I have been on another tour from Boston, but I would highly recommend 7 Seas. Less crowd, AWESOME crew and cheap parking.

Visited May 2014
7seaswhalewatch, Manager at 7 Seas Whale Watch, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Hi SR,

Thank you the truly great review and especially for the nice things you said about our crew. It sounds as if you had an extraordinary whale watch!

All the best.

Fergus, Ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We Keep Coming Back!”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I am from Ontario, Canada and went on my first whale watching tour with my husband and daughter in 2010. We had such an amazing trip and got to see a mom and baby whale with another male tagging along. The one whale dove under our boat so we got a very up close sighting which was incredible! We went back for another vacation to Boston in 2012 and went on another whale watching tour with 7 Seas as they did NOT disappoint the first time and they did not disappoint this time either. We got to see the whales feeding by blowing the bubble rings and then coming up with their huge gaping mouths. The staff of 7 Seas are very knowledgable and friendly and we are looking forward to going back this summer to see what they can show us this time!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank spunky07182002
7seaswhalewatch, Manager at 7 Seas Whale Watch, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Hi spunky07182002,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your two whale watches with us. It sounds like you've got a couple of really good trips. You must be good luck... so we look forward to seeing you again this Summer!
Dacula, Georgia
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Brilliant day whale watching”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

August 2013 We returned to Gloucester some twenty odd years after our first visit , this time with our daughter . We wanted her to have the experience of a whale watch. Sompleased we chise this one, the biat wasnt full and we had olenty of room to move around . Sadly not many whales about but sightings had been sparse all summer. Saw a few Minke whales a massive humpback - about 70 ft . When it swam twds the biat , i just about died. Tip , try and forget about camera s and video , savour the moment with your own eyes, not through a viewfinder - well at least for some of the trip. My daughter won a return trip in the raffle - i bet she cashes it in some time

Visited August 2013
7seaswhalewatch, Manager at 7 Seas Whale Watch, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your whale watch with us. Yes, whales were scarce at times during the 2013 season... I wonder what 2014 will bring? Anyway, it sounds like you ended up seeing two species of whales and getting a great look at the Humpback. Anytime you get a close look at wild, endangered animal it’s a pretty good day.
Norwalk, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best whale watching trip EVER! ”
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

What can I say about 7 Seas. I took my girlfriend up to Gloucester for the weekend and we stayed in Cape Ann so I could surprise her with her first whale watch. What an amazing time. The crew was so friendly and knowledgeable. The boat we went out on was big, clean and spacious. They offered snacks and drinks at incredibly affordable prices on board while we were underway. The cost of the trip was around 40 dollars per person which was their adult ticket. Let me tell you that it was worth every cent. It was also an awesome tour of Gloucester Harbor which is so rich in history. Now let me get to the whales. OH MY GOD! They put us right on top of them! We saw a TON of them. It was incredible watching them eat the copious amounts of red krill on the waters surface. We had two of them putting on quite the show for at least a half an hour right next to each other. They were doing barrel rolls and slapping their fins within 25 to 30 feet of the boat! They'd go from one side of the boat to the next, back and forth showing off for the crowd and spraying us with whale's breath. Just insane! All to be finished off by one of the two giant 60 foot hump backs doing a FULL SPINNING HEAD BREACH right next to the boat!!!! The only part of the animal that was still in the water was her tail fin! It was the craziest photo op ever! We saw hundreds of dolphins on the way out and back in. They wanted to hang with the boat almost as bad as the whales did. I can guarantee we're going back. Hands down the best whale watching trip EVER! The folks at 7 Seas know what they're doing better than anyone else. All of the other boats in the area weren't even close. Best tour in Gloucester HANDS DOWN.

1 Thank mikep0311
Thank you for the great review, Mike. It sounds like you had one of those out-of-this-world whale watches where you get to see a bit of everything: Feeding, breaching, close looks, multiple species, all within just an hour-or-so from shore. Of course not every whale watch trip can be like this one so I’m glad you seemed to appreciate just how special it was.
Linz, Austria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Unforgettable Day!”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We chose 7 seas, and it was the right thing to do. The Guide on the boat was really knowledgeable and gave a lot of Information.
The whale were really far up and outside, but this didn't matter. They searched for a long time and we finally found two different kind of whales. Even a Mama with her young one.
They really gave enough time to watch, and stopped whenever there was a chance for a whale. Even though there were quite a few people on the boat it was not as crowded as the boats leaving from Boston - it was definitely a good choice to leave from Gloucester.
7 seas is easy to find and there is enough parking space available.
We had our departure time moved up, so check your e-mails if there were any changes. We were actually lucky to see that, because on vacation, we usually don't check our mails all the time.
Would I go again? Yes definitely! It was an unforgettable day!

Visited September 2013
Thanks for the great review! Whale watching (like all nature watching) often time requires patience but patience is usually rewarded with good sightings. It seems that was the case here... a mother and calf pair is always a great sighting! I’m glad you had a good time and thanks for writing.