“One of my favorites !!!”
Review of Alchemy - CLOSED

Alchemy
Price range: US$27 - US$28
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 185 Main St.
Description: You should have no problem finding Alchemy. It is a great restaurant.
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Alchemy has been one of my favorite restaurants for a couple of years now, and I am surprised I haven't reviewed it yet !! It has one of the warmest and most relaxed atmospheres in the area. The menu is updated regularly, but most favorites stay on for a while. The drink menu is always a fun list of some very interesting concoctions !! Very friendly and personal waitstaff always looking to help.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I have to say this place is just not for me! I am more of a traditional type diner. The menu is one that there is more ingredients in the choices that I did not like, canceling out many of the offerings. So many I would have walked but it is a nice comfortable place. Service was very good.
I guess my suggestion is to look at the menu before taking a seat.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

so, we drove into Gloucester late at night, having driven in from Syracuse NY. we were on our way to celebrating Halloween in Salem Mass. I found this restaurant from Trip Advisor after we checked into our hotel. As us four women walked in and heard the singer in the lounge, we were hooked. we sat at the bar and ordered drinks, appetizers and incredible dinners!!! we were way happy when we left 1 1/2 hours later! I would so recommend this place. the restaurant décor is so...eclectically cozy??? I waite staff was helpful and accommodating for suggestions on dinner. the portions were good sized (mac and cheese :), and we ended up taking home some of the left over appetizers from the hummus plate (cuz it was huge portions - yum!) being from Southern California, this was a welcomed treat and a perfect set up for the beginning of our weeklong tour of the Northeast....thanks for the hospitality!

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Went here on a date recently.. after going to cape ann and gloucester many times over the years, this place has always managed to escape me.
It is def a more upscale restuarant with interesting choices like roasted bone marrow and similar somewhat fine dining items with somewhat fine dining prices. . If you are looking for a cheaper night out, I suggest something like the topside grill, as it is pricey..
Now, I stayed away from the more pricy items and got the burger with aged vermont cheddar, garlic aoli, and grass fed beef..and honestly, one of the best burgers I have ever had.. and what made it even better were the house made fries that tasted homemade..none of those frozen dried out fries you would expect at alot of places here and a good price at 15.00, considering a lot of options are over 20.00 for a entree, and apps at 15.00.. and it has more of the upscale feel.
So if you are in the area, looking for a nice place to bring your girl, or just want to sit at the bar with a burger, fries and a beer, this would be the place for that. . This burger is destination worthy..
Go for it!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

From the moment we walked in to the moment we left! We are still talking about how amazing Alchemy Café & Bistro is...2 days later! Our waiter Ben and his trainee were both very friendly and very helpful. Even though the entrees looked amazing we decided to just order appetizers. By we, I mean my husband and myself. Decided to each order a salad (amazing) as well as 6 different appetizers. From the Organic Greens to my last bite of the corn...wow!
Brussels Sprouts in Maple!! what?!?!?! YES PLEASE! Fried Artichokes!! YES!!! Pork Belly Tacos...HELLO!!! I've included a few pictures as well as my favorite drink!
A must go to place!!! Beautifully located and beautifully decorated! Wonderful food and staff! what more can you ask for !