“Upscale restaurant.”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 185 Main St.
Description: You should have no problem finding Alchemy. It is a great restaurant.
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Upscale restaurant.”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

They have excellent food and on certain nights they have musical performers. Wednesdays is "women's" night with very reasonable food choices which are superb!

Visited April 2014

West Newbury, Massachusetts
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of dining at Alchemy last Saturday night. Everything about it was wonderful. Great ambience, great food, great server and leisurely pace. I had an incredible cassoulet with while beans, pheasant sausage, duck leg confit and pork belly. My wife had roasted cod tacos which were delicious. The maple bread pudding for dessert was the perfect ending tot he meal. The only unfortunate part of the evening was when we learned that Alchemy will be closing for 2-3 months while they completely red0 the place. However, we'll be back when they re-open.

• Visited March 2014
Gloucester,MA
“One of my favorites !!!”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Alchemy has been one of my favorite restaurants for a couple of years now, and I am surprised I haven't reviewed it yet !! It has one of the warmest and most relaxed atmospheres in the area. The menu is updated regularly, but most favorites stay on for a while. The drink menu is always a fun list of some very interesting concoctions !! Very friendly and personal waitstaff always looking to help.

• Visited February 2014
Essex, Massachusetts
“Look at the menu first”
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

I have to say this place is just not for me! I am more of a traditional type diner. The menu is one that there is more ingredients in the choices that I did not like, canceling out many of the offerings. So many I would have walked but it is a nice comfortable place. Service was very good.
I guess my suggestion is to look at the menu before taking a seat.

Visited January 2014
San Diego
“Alchemy is awesome!”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

so, we drove into Gloucester late at night, having driven in from Syracuse NY. we were on our way to celebrating Halloween in Salem Mass. I found this restaurant from Trip Advisor after we checked into our hotel. As us four women walked in and heard the singer in the lounge, we were hooked. we sat at the bar and ordered drinks, appetizers and incredible dinners!!! we were way happy when we left 1 1/2 hours later! I would so recommend this place. the restaurant décor is so...eclectically cozy??? I waite staff was helpful and accommodating for suggestions on dinner. the portions were good sized (mac and cheese :), and we ended up taking home some of the left over appetizers from the hummus plate (cuz it was huge portions - yum!) being from Southern California, this was a welcomed treat and a perfect set up for the beginning of our weeklong tour of the Northeast....thanks for the hospitality!

• Visited October 2013