“The best part of our trip!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Azorean Restaurant and Bar

Azorean Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Azorean Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 137 Restaurants in Gloucester
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Groups, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Authentic Mediterranean Cuisine & Casual Dining
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“The best part of our trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

We took a little "getaway" vacation to Rockport, MA, mostly for summer-season lobster. During our stay we used TripAdvisor to find a local museum to visit. On the way to Hammond Castle in Gloucester MA we drove past this "Azorean Reastaurant". My husband is part Azorean, so his interest was peaked.
We walked into the restaurant about 4pm mid-week. There were only a few other tables. The barmaid served as our waitress as well. She was very friendly, told us a lot about the local area (my husband used to spend his childhood summers in Lanesville, a nearby village. It was great talking with a local. We took her suggestion for an appetizer- a special mix of fried calamari and garlic shrimp. Unbelievable! There was no dipping sauce, but I have never tasted such flavorful calamari, I couldn't stop eating it.
Since we were on a "lobster" trip, my husband asked for, and got, a large stuffed lobster (the waitress said it was usually just a weekend dish, it was not on the menu). A beautiful dish, large, fresh, sweet lobster with a crabmeat stuffing. I had enough seafood on our trip, so I chose the chicken in cream sauce with walnuts and cranberries served over fresh butternut squash ravioli. It was delicious, the best ravioli I've had since a trip to the north end of Boston years ago. Now I can't wait to go back to Gloucester next summer, we will definitely return to the Azorean restaurant!

• Visited August 2013

“Excellent Iberian food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Superb Caldirada (fish stew) for myself and Azorean Steak Tips for the wife. Start with the Oweners Mix Appetizer ( combination of garlic shrimp and calamari).

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beyond my expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Went to the azorean for my daughters birthday. Greeted by a hostess who told us it would be a 40 minute wait. Another employee overheard and offered to clear a table in a somewhat awkward place (right outside kitchen ). It was perfect for us ! The "owners choice " app was to die for and our steak entrees perfectly prepared! The gentleman who cleared and offered us the table turned out to be the executive chef! We had a great time and will return. Thank you !

St. Catharines, Canada
“Loved our meals...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

My husband and I ate at Azorean Restaurant while on a mini getaway in Gloucester. We shared a Greek Salad and we both ordered the baked stuffed haddock with a lemon sauce and this was definitely the right choice. Oh, I must mention the bread and olive oil that was delivered to the table upon our arrival......I loved it so much I bought two bottles of this Portuguese olive oil to take home......We purchased a bottle of wine and brought the remainder back to our room with us. The service was excellent and our bill came to $99 before tip (and this included my 2 - 1 litre bottles of olive oil). The atmosphere is very comfortable. I consider myself a bit of a "foodie" and we had booked dinner at Duckworth Bistrot for the following evening as it was shown as the #1 restaurant on Trip Advisor......I would definitely put Azorean above Duckworth Bistrot!! This was a memorable meal....

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Not to be missed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

My husband and I came across this restaurant on a recent trip to New England. Having visited the Azores (and loved it!) I couldn't wait to go in.

We enjoyed everything about it, amazing menu, great food, beautiful restaurant, warm atmospher, very reasonably priced.

Wine and beer selection is good. Actually had draft Guiness which was superb and was not expecting to find.

The service was excellent and the young lady who took care of us was delightful, very fun and friendly, with time to chat with us. She had a pretty Italian name which slips my memory right now.

We sat outside because it was Sat night and very busy, next time I would like to sit inside to enjoy the decor.