“Hooray for portuguese cuisine!”

Azorean Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Azorean Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 139 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Authentic Mediterranean Cuisine & Casual Dining
Montreal, Canada
“Hooray for portuguese cuisine!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Great find. Nice terrace to eat outdoors on a summer night. Authentic, tasty, well seasoned portuguese cuisine from the tapas, to the paellas. Large portions at affordable prices. Great service. Can't wait to eat here again on our next visit.

Visited September 2013

Lunenburg, Ma
“Authentic Portuguese food”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I have been to this restaurant many times over the last three years, usually having either one of their Portuguese seafood dishes or great burgers. For the first time this week I had their grilled octopus in a spicy sauce with asparagus and a roasted potato.

• Visited October 2013
Havelock
“A Little Bit Different”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Azorean food falls between Mexican and Italian but is milder than either. They have standard menu items that you will recognize and some will have a distinct flair, My husband got a locally caught fish sandwich. I had a wrap that contained one of the two types of featured Azorean sausage. My wrap didn't have enough of sausage in it, but it was good. Dinner entrees are a little expensive but worth it.

• Visited October 2013
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“The best part of our trip!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We took a little "getaway" vacation to Rockport, MA, mostly for summer-season lobster. During our stay we used TripAdvisor to find a local museum to visit. On the way to Hammond Castle in Gloucester MA we drove past this "Azorean Reastaurant". My husband is part Azorean, so his interest was peaked.
We walked into the restaurant about 4pm mid-week. There were only a few other tables. The barmaid served as our waitress as well. She was very friendly, told us a lot about the local area (my husband used to spend his childhood summers in Lanesville, a nearby village. It was great talking with a local. We took her suggestion for an appetizer- a special mix of fried calamari and garlic shrimp. Unbelievable! There was no dipping sauce, but I have never tasted such flavorful calamari, I couldn't stop eating it.
Since we were on a "lobster" trip, my husband asked for, and got, a large stuffed lobster (the waitress said it was usually just a weekend dish, it was not on the menu). A beautiful dish, large, fresh, sweet lobster with a crabmeat stuffing. I had enough seafood on our trip, so I chose the chicken in cream sauce with walnuts and cranberries served over fresh butternut squash ravioli. It was delicious, the best ravioli I've had since a trip to the north end of Boston years ago. Now I can't wait to go back to Gloucester next summer, we will definitely return to the Azorean restaurant!

• Visited August 2013
“Excellent Iberian food.”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Superb Caldirada (fish stew) for myself and Azorean Steak Tips for the wife. Start with the Oweners Mix Appetizer ( combination of garlic shrimp and calamari).

• Visited September 2013