“Worth the drive”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Authentic Mediterranean Cuisine & Casual Dining
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband wanted to try this restaurant, but it was an hours drive from home and I was a little skeptical. No need to be, this was a very good choice. We had a lovely waitress, who served us fresh bread with an olive oil and olives plate. We each had a cocktail and my husband ordered the mussels for an appetizer. He really enjoyed them. I had the lobster casserole and my husband had baked haddock with lobster topping. It wasn't easy making a selection, as there were many choices that sounded great! We both enjoyed our meal very much. The restaurant has lots of tables and lots of staff. We would definitely go to this restaurant again.

1  Thank Katenh50

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was in Gloucester mass home of some of the best fish resturants around why I let my wife talk me into Portuguese food I'll never know. We started out with Portuguese soup which was suppose to have a Portuguese sausage in it ,I've had it before that wasn't Portuguese sausage in it. I ordered scallops in a ( special) cracker baked,first of all they were the big bay scallops which were just barely cooked enough,second the ( special) cracker bake tasted like someone took a handful of Ritz crackers crumbled them in their hand and put it in with the scallops. My wife got steak tips I think someone cut them off a old tire,over cooked ,dry, And they we're suppose to come in a sauce ????.i ALWAYS take food home but not this time. Great decor but I've learned when your in a town noted for fish go to a fish resturant and don't listen to your wife.

4  Thank Mark J
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Ate at the Azorean while staying in Gloucester. The food was good and the service was excellent. Nice change from the standard seafood restaurants.

1  Thank Mike O
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The Azorean Steak tips are incredible. Also, the red sangria is one of my favorites. We also ordered the chocolate mousse for dessert.

3  Thank Jenna W
Reviewed 27 June 2014

After a very disappointing first night's dinner in Gloucester the night before, we found the Azorean Restaurant tonight through Trip Advisor and were very happy with our experience. The Atmosphere inside was great and very inviting. We had our daughter with us, and although she didn't find anything to her liking on the kids menu, the staff was more than accommodating and made some shrimp custom tailored to her taste. My Wife and I had the Owners Mix of Shrimp and Calamari, which had an excellent blend of spices, topped with some jalapeños. The bread was nice and warm, and came with a plate of dipping oil and some nice pitted olives. My wife had the Gloucester Fishermen Seafood Plate, which was very tasty and was piled so high she could not finish it. The fish melted in your mouth. She also had a Chocolate Martini. Good News: The Bar staff is a little heavy on their pours, so the drink was a bit strong. Bad news, same thing - if it sneaks up on you after a couple. I had the Surf and Turf with Baked Stuffed Shrimp and Azorean Steak Tips. I loved the mix of flavors in the steak. There were several beer selections, I liked the Fisherman's Brew (a nice local dark Lager), and had been looking forward to trying it. Finally, we ate on the patio where we were unable to make reservations, but were seated immediately. We finished the whole dining experience off with a beautiful Flan dessert. An excellent ethnic twist on the New England norm.

2  Thank briashmad