“Anniversary Dinner....”

Ranked #20 of 141 Restaurants in Gloucester
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Since we live in Gloucester, we've been to almost all the restaurant's in town! But some we save for "special" occasions. Not that you should! The food here is very good and you can actually get a "meal" that isn't "fried seafood"...although that is also on the menu. My tuna tartar app was beyond marvelous, in fact, next time I'm just going to have 2 of them! We both had the specials
of the day, both fish (tuna & halibut) and both were great. Lovely water view...enjoy!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

The staff makes this place! I stopped in just before close as I came into town late on a Thurs night. The kitchen was just closed but they kept it open for me to grab a quick bite to eat.
The ladies at the bar were amazing! So friendly and helpful :)
I'm only sad I didn't get a change to go back for dinner! Trip was too busy :(
Thanks again for the amazing experience.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Disliked: little available parking. Food and staff outstanding. Love the bar and dining outdoors on the deck. Wish it were open year-round.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

i love this place,good frinks and i love the appetizer of mussels made with cream garlic and pernod a licoricy flavored liquer i.....to die for. i always have the mussels fantastic. other things are wlays good onthemenu.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

The Rudder does not disappoint. Never had a bad meal. Be prepared to wait if you want to dine on a summer weekend night outside. We usually go there by boat and pray we'll be able to find enough dock space to tie up. Dirty Water drinks are a favorite: Acai blueberry Vodka and Lemonade. The pasta bolognese is just the best! We try to eat half of it, so we can take it home for leftovers. It's even better the next day! Hostesses are always helpful and accommodating. The waitstaff is always terrific.