My fiance had booked rooms for our wedding for my 85 year old mother and a 80 year old friend of hers, my older brother and his wife (in their late 50's). A number of my friends (all in their 50's and hardly a rowdy crowd) also wanted to stay at the Inn, but were told that too many from our wedding party had already booked at the In and that they would accept no additional reservations from anyone associated with our wedding. We had wanted everyone to stay together as it was more convenient and it turns out they had plenty of space. (I'd call it discrimination).
Additionally, my brother was unable to arrive on the Thursday night that we had originally booked his room and we cancelled the reservation 6 days and 12 hours in advance of that Thursday, but NOOOOOOOOO! We had to cancel 7 days prior to receive a refund. When I calmly attempted to discuss the situation with one of the front desk personnel, they were very unsympathetic and refused to acknlowledge that we were spending quite a bit of money that weekend for rooms at the Inn.
The rooms are overpriced and the staff is extremely rude. There are many places along the coast to stay. PLEASE do yourself a favor and stay in one of the other seaside Inns. These people are nasty.
If anyone would like to discuss this further, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The premier oceanfront hotel and historic inn, Bass Rocks Ocean Inn was built on the rocky coastline of Cape Ann, home to America's Oldest Seaport. Beautifully restored Stacy House (1899) suites with pillow-top beds, flat panel t.V.'S, and Jacuzzi tubs. Individual suites offer gas fireplace, separate sitting and sleeping rooms or wrap-around view. Modern Oceanfront House and Seaside House open onto patios or balconies with sweeping views across the lawn and out to sea ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your Ocean House Hotel at Bass Rocks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bass Rocks Ocean Hotel Gloucester
- Bass Rocks Ocean Gloucester