I brought my mother and teenage daughter here for a night over Memorial Day weekend. I was so impressed that I plan on going back sometime with my husband. Not only is the inn beautiful but the people were friendly and accomodating. The beds were super comfortable and there was even a pull out sofa so none of us had to share. The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. The view was gorgeous with the ocean across the street and nothing to block the view. There were even benches to sit on and just relax while taking in the sight. The pool was very clean. We had a patio room (all the rooms have a view of the ocean) and it opened right up to the pool. That was really nice. The breakfast which was included was above and beyond what you normally see at inns. It was more like a bed and breakfast. They have lemonade and cookies available all the time. We even borrowed a couple of movies which they had a huge selection of. I can't say enough good about this inn. I would highly recommend it to friends and family. I really hope to be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The premier oceanfront hotel and historic inn, Bass Rocks Ocean Inn was built on the rocky coastline of Cape Ann, home to America's Oldest Seaport. Beautifully restored Stacy House (1899) suites with pillow-top beds, flat panel t.V.'S, and Jacuzzi tubs. Individual suites offer gas fireplace, separate sitting and sleeping rooms or wrap-around view. Modern Oceanfront House and Seaside House open onto patios or balconies with sweeping views across the lawn and out to sea ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Ocean House Hotel at Bass Rocks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bass Rocks Ocean Hotel Gloucester
- Bass Rocks Ocean Gloucester