I love spending time in Gloucester and Bass Rocks Ocean Inn is the perfect place for a quick get away.
I discovered this place last year and returned this summer. On both occasions my room faced the ocean. I sat on my balcony and watched the ocean in late afternoon and evening. I heard the ocean sounds as I went to bed.
The location is great. I love to walk and it was easy access to walk along Good Harbor beach, which is also my favorite beach in Gloucester.
Going to the beach is not required since there is a pool and outdoor space for relaxing and reading.
Breakfast is provided until 11 am every day which is appreciated. I always hate rushing to get to breakfast when on vacation. I was able to walk for an hour in the am and then have a late breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The premier oceanfront hotel and historic inn, Bass Rocks Ocean Inn was built on the rocky coastline of Cape Ann, home to America's Oldest Seaport. Beautifully restored Stacy House (1899) suites with pillow-top beds, flat panel t.V.'S, and Jacuzzi tubs. Individual suites offer gas fireplace, separate sitting and sleeping rooms or wrap-around view. Modern Oceanfront House and Seaside House open onto patios or balconies with sweeping views across the lawn and out to sea ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Bass Rocks Ocean Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bass Rocks Ocean Hotel Gloucester
- Bass Rocks Ocean Gloucester