Trip Advisor helped me find just what I was looking for once again! We stayed in Suite 502 which is in the original mansion, which is separate from the larger hotel. Our room was wonderful - with views of the ocean from the living room and the bedroom. We were pleasantly-surprised by having a television in each room. It looked as though this room was recently redone, everything was spotless and fresh. The room also had a kitchen area with sink, fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Although, being a coffee addict, I simply ran downstairs to get fresh Starbucks always available in the lobby area below our room (we never noticed lobby noise in our room though). We didn't see the rooms in the larger hotel. Nice touch to have breakfast available as well as warm chocolate chip cookies all day. Very comfortable beds and a one-person jacuzzi tub. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Recommend going on the 7 Seas Whale Watch in Gloucester as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The premier oceanfront hotel and historic inn, Bass Rocks Ocean Inn was built on the rocky coastline of Cape Ann, home to America's Oldest Seaport. Beautifully restored Stacy House (1899) suites with pillow-top beds, flat panel t.V.'S, and Jacuzzi tubs. Individual suites offer gas fireplace, separate sitting and sleeping rooms or wrap-around view. Modern Oceanfront House and Seaside House open onto patios or balconies with sweeping views across the lawn and out to sea ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelClick, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your Ocean House Hotel at Bass Rocks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bass Rocks Ocean Hotel Gloucester
- Bass Rocks Ocean Gloucester