First the good stuff. Great view from the balcony. Staff was very friendly and the beds were terrific.
Bad stuff. No privacy on balcony. It is one large one that runs the length of the Inn. If people are out two doors down you here everything they are talking about wether you want to or not. You are not totally next to the ocean. There is a road between the Inn and the ocean that gets busy at times. Change policy (which is clearly stated) is not visitor friendly. They want a 7 day notice. Had to leave early and still pay for a room we are not using. Thought it would be better. Won't be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The premier oceanfront hotel and historic inn, Bass Rocks Ocean Inn was built on the rocky coastline of Cape Ann, home to America's Oldest Seaport. Beautifully restored Stacy House (1899) suites with pillow-top beds, flat panel t.V.'S, and Jacuzzi tubs. Individual suites offer gas fireplace, separate sitting and sleeping rooms or wrap-around view. Modern Oceanfront House and Seaside House open onto patios or balconies with sweeping views across the lawn and out to sea ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your Ocean House Hotel at Bass Rocks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bass Rocks Ocean Hotel Gloucester
- Bass Rocks Ocean Gloucester