First off I would like to thank Brandon at the front desk for everything! He is amazing! Ok so now for the background story which will show how I arrived at that previous comment: A little less than a week ago we (me, my girlfriend, and her aunt) were going to stay at a hotel a little further down the street...I won't mention any names but I will just say that it was moldy, outdated, and just awful in every way possible. We started to panic because it was the July 4th weekend and everything and I mean EVERYTHING was booked! We stopped at a few hotels to see if there were any vacancies but one hotel in passing IMMEDIATELY caught my eye: The Bass Rocks Ocean View Inn. I kept thinking...hmm there just seems to be something special about this hotel...it just stands out from all the others. As soon as we got out of the car and went inside the lobby which is situated inside a beautiful house which was constructed in the 1800's, we were greeted with smiles and amazing hospitality. Brandon showed us the premises and what the rooms looked like as well as his special spot at the top, which was an observation deck overlooking the Atlantic Ocean...and what an amazing view it was! Brandon made us feel right at home..never forced us to make a decision and answered any question we could possibly have...he is definitely an invaluable member of the staff. His friendliness makes you feel like you've known him for years! All I can say is that I am so glad that we made the decision to stay there. If I could I would stay there forever (no seriously I am not even joking)...that is how amazing it was! The staff definitely goes over and above and beyond to please their guests and make you a top priority. There are little touches here and there to make the visit even more enjoyable such as unlimited chocolate chip cookies and lemonade during the summer, free bikes, an abundance of menus for restaurants in the area, dvds, historical books, a binder full of things to do, a heated pool, rooms with an ocean view, a billiard room, an amazing breakfast complete with classic 1930's and 1940's music...I could go on and on! This hotel just has that friendly, homey feeling of hotels from days long ago. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I am already looking forward to my next stay there!! So there you go. If you head up to Gloucester you have a choice of where you want to stay in the area of Bass Rocks ..and that choice is undoubtedly the Bass Rocks Ocean Inn..it blows all the other hotels and resorts out of the water..and say hi to Brandon for us! You won't be disappointed! Thanks again!!
Alex, Nicole, and Ernestine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The premier oceanfront hotel and historic inn, Bass Rocks Ocean Inn was built on the rocky coastline of Cape Ann, home to America's Oldest Seaport. Beautifully restored Stacy House (1899) suites with pillow-top beds, flat panel t.V.'S, and Jacuzzi tubs. Individual suites offer gas fireplace, separate sitting and sleeping rooms or wrap-around view. Modern Oceanfront House and Seaside House open onto patios or balconies with sweeping views across the lawn and out to sea ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your Ocean House Hotel at Bass Rocks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bass Rocks Ocean Hotel Gloucester
- Bass Rocks Ocean Gloucester