“Crystal Clear!”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Gloucester
new york, ny
“Crystal Clear!”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I think they wash the air at this beautiful location. It was the most beautiful and relaxing view one could want! The Bass Rocks Inn is wonderful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and found the staff to be gracious and accommodating as we made minor changes to our original reservation. We drove to nearby Rockport and spent a fabulous day walking around the many many adorable shops and restaurants....shout out to The Seventh Wave for the best lobster roll EVER! Loved returning to Bass Rocks Ocean Inn to relax. Will definitely return!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Rockwall, Texas
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Fantastic accomodations, friendly staff, made our 25th wedding Anniversary a memorable one.
It is also in a great location that allows easy access to shopping areas and highways.
I would certainly recommend this INN to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 218 and it's very quiet.
1 Thank SteamRoller62
Cave Creek, Arizona
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We made last-minute reservations at Bass Rocks Inn and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Beautiful location on the coast. Comfortable, clean, very pleasant rooms. Staff went out of their way to be welcoming and helpful. Breakfast was good, if not exceptional. We'd definitely go back again. Best part was being able to leave the door open and listen to the sound of the surf at night.

1 Thank longjch
Enfield, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2013

First off I would like to thank Brandon at the front desk for everything! He is amazing! Ok so now for the background story which will show how I arrived at that previous comment: A little less than a week ago we (me, my girlfriend, and her aunt) were going to stay at a hotel a little further down the street...I won't mention any names but I will just say that it was moldy, outdated, and just awful in every way possible. We started to panic because it was the July 4th weekend and everything and I mean EVERYTHING was booked! We stopped at a few hotels to see if there were any vacancies but one hotel in passing IMMEDIATELY caught my eye: The Bass Rocks Ocean View Inn. I kept thinking...hmm there just seems to be something special about this hotel...it just stands out from all the others. As soon as we got out of the car and went inside the lobby which is situated inside a beautiful house which was constructed in the 1800's, we were greeted with smiles and amazing hospitality. Brandon showed us the premises and what the rooms looked like as well as his special spot at the top, which was an observation deck overlooking the Atlantic Ocean...and what an amazing view it was! Brandon made us feel right at home..never forced us to make a decision and answered any question we could possibly have...he is definitely an invaluable member of the staff. His friendliness makes you feel like you've known him for years! All I can say is that I am so glad that we made the decision to stay there. If I could I would stay there forever (no seriously I am not even joking)...that is how amazing it was! The staff definitely goes over and above and beyond to please their guests and make you a top priority. There are little touches here and there to make the visit even more enjoyable such as unlimited chocolate chip cookies and lemonade during the summer, free bikes, an abundance of menus for restaurants in the area, dvds, historical books, a binder full of things to do, a heated pool, rooms with an ocean view, a billiard room, an amazing breakfast complete with classic 1930's and 1940's music...I could go on and on! This hotel just has that friendly, homey feeling of hotels from days long ago. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I am already looking forward to my next stay there!! So there you go. If you head up to Gloucester you have a choice of where you want to stay in the area of Bass Rocks ..and that choice is undoubtedly the Bass Rocks Ocean Inn..it blows all the other hotels and resorts out of the water..and say hi to Brandon for us! You won't be disappointed! Thanks again!!
Alex, Nicole, and Ernestine

3 Thank Alex C
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

Last minute day trip turned in to a wonderful overnight stay. Very friendly service. Rooms are very clean and the view of the ocean is outstanding. Bikes to borrow to tour the area a no extra cost. Nice buffet/continental breakfast.Family friendly too. I would make the trip again for a longer stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 6 July 2013

This hotel is in a beautiful setting in a fantastic location. The house with the lobby, breakfast and a few rooms is amazing. All of the rooms have a great view of the coastline and an observation area on top of the hotel for all guests. The hospitality of the staff is great. They have bikes included for everyone to use. The breakfast is very good with fresh made baked goods and Starbucks branded coffee. The cookies and coffee + tea all evening is a perfect touch to put them over the edge

The rooms are a little small, but not so much that you feel cramped. While they are a little outdated in some ways, the hotels offsets it by keeping the rooms immaculately clean and updating a few items along the way, keeping everything classic and nice looking.

I feel that the seasonal rate was unusually high for what you are getting, but this was my first time travelling the northeast during summer and it really seems to be on par for the area. In general, I expect more for $250/night, but in comparison to everything else available in the same pricepoint, this place blows them out of the water.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Bear Creek, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 July 2013

My wife and I have been spending time each summer at Bass Rocks Ocean Inn for the past 24 years, the past 10 of which we have shared with our children. We have brought our parents and relatives over the years, and each time it has been memorable. Its proximity to beautiful Good Harbor Beach, lovely rooms, excellent service, the heated oceaside pool, complimentary bicycles, breakfasts (muffins too!), cookies, etc. all make this a wonderful place to visit time and time again. Would recommended it to anyone looking for a picturesque, quaint and relaxing place to get away from home!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room! All have ocean views and either a balcony or a patio. We always select th...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gloucester
Atlantis Oceanfront Inn
Cape Ann's Marina Resort
Cape Ann's Marina Resort
#6 of 7 in Gloucester
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites

Been to Ocean House Hotel at Bass Rocks? Share your experiences!