Stayed for three nights and the place was very clean. They do try to accommodate special requests at front desk. Very well kept property and the staff are very friendly. The free bikes are a very nice touch, and can be used to peruse the back shore. Two suggestions would have made this a perfect vacation spot: There is no shade at the pool. Easy fix would be the addition of several tables and umbrellas. Other hotels nearby offer this. Also, the fresh fruit options at the breakfast are very lame. How difficult would it be to buy some fresh fruit salad from a local vendor or cut up some fresh fruit. What is provided in a bowl looks like it comes from Cosco. These are simple fixes that could be implemented immediately, and create the definitive resort stay on the back shore. Overall a nice place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The premier oceanfront hotel and historic inn, Bass Rocks Ocean Inn was built on the rocky coastline of Cape Ann, home to America's Oldest Seaport. Beautifully restored Stacy House (1899) suites with pillow-top beds, flat panel t.V.'S, and Jacuzzi tubs. Individual suites offer gas fireplace, separate sitting and sleeping rooms or wrap-around view. Modern Oceanfront House and Seaside House open onto patios or balconies with sweeping views across the lawn and out to sea ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Hotel.de so you can book your Ocean House Hotel at Bass Rocks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bass Rocks Ocean Hotel Gloucester
- Bass Rocks Ocean Gloucester