“Just a little get away”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Gloucester
Webster, New Hampshire
“Just a little get away”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Rooms are average not elaborate, equal to a Marriott ...but the view and the ocean is not possible to beat ... Very nice staff, easy parking, beautiful out door pool and hot tub, plenty to do plenty to see within 5 to 20 mins... You won't be sorry if you stay here !!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
florida
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We wanted to stay on NE coast with ocean near by-this is your place! We stayed in the "hotel" section vs the main house. Our room was a typical hotel room (very comfy bed) but a wonderful patio with spectacular view and ocean just across a small street. Lighthouses, granite boulders with waves crashing and beautiful NE beach homes. Nice walking path along ocean as well. We were weekend before Mem Day-but they were busy with new pool, fire pit and hot tub!Charming and friendly hostesses-good breakfast and main house is beautiful. Due to weather we did not get do do all we wanted-but looked like nice golf course and bikes available.

Room Tip: We asked for rooms near each other and they gave us adjoining rooms. We liked downstairs room with p...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My husband and I just spent two nights here and had a wonderful time. Everyone was courteous and welcoming and helpful. Tracey, the owner, and her daughter, Devon, couldn't have been nicer; the other people, whose names I didn't get, were also pleasant and welcoming. Our room, one of the king-size rooms in the big house, was pricey but worth it. Beautiful big room, lots of windows and light, super comfortable bed. immaculate, modern bathroom and great view. We borrowed bikes from the hotel (and helmets) and rode around some of the less-trafficked roads as well as the road that circles the little pennisula. We enjoyed hot chocolate while sitting on benches provided by the hotel on the edge of the sea. As for some comments listed here about the refund policy, a) at the time I made my reservation, the hotel clearly outlined the no refund policy if cancellation is within seven days of the stay and b) this is common policy among independent hotels. (I checked with hotels in the Berkshires including the well-known Red Lion Inn, and the policy was the same there as well as at the boutique hotel at which I stayed in Boston.)

Room Tip: I peeked into the rooms that face the pool. They looked nice and had terrific views of the water wit...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Waterbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 12 February 2014

A Fall excursion to Cape Ann can't be fully enjoyed without a stay at Bass Rocks.
A full breakfast delight,..something for everyone.
Rooms are clean and provide a full ocean view.
Will return again in the Fall

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 145DOUBLED
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed here recently with my mom and sister because my mom always wanted to visit Gloucester. Once we got to the hotel we first noticed the incredible view of the ocean. The room we got was very clean and faced right out onto the ocean and had a cute little patio to sit out on. They offer a complimentary continental breakfast and you can use a tray so that you can eat in your room. The staff was so nice and cared greatly about the appearance of the hotel. The pool was clean too! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Wow, our time here was pricey- but well worth it! We stayed in the Stacey House rooms and I must say they are beautiful! The decor was classy- something I would chose for my own home. The bed was more than comfortable, the view was breathtaking! The cookies were amazing. I cannot comment on the breakfast because after our run we went to our favorite breakfast spot in the area- The Red Skiff. Our morning run starting from the hotel was along the ocean with spectacular views. If you do not like to run the hotel has bikes available for use. They also have benches across the street from the hotel over looking the ocean with the waves crashing on the rocks. My husband and I could have sat there all day, him relaxing and me taking pictures! The only regret I have is that when we return to the area we cannot bring our son here to stay with us-(he is 11 and no problem but they have a 2 person per room limit in the Stacey house.) We may consider coming back and staying on the hotel side, but it is definitely not the choice we would make if they did not have such a rule. I am usually on the picky side and hard to please and I was very pleased with our stay here!

Room Tip: If you can afford the splurge, stay in the Stacey House rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Pleasant Valley, New York
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Loved our stay. It's about as close as you can get to the water without sleeping in the ocean! The view is spectacular any time of the day, watching the changing of the ocean's moods, its twists and turns - from your room and the perfect balcony setting, or from the benches provided closer to the sea. Our room was immaculate, with several extras like bottled water, chocolates, a little vanity pack. Shampoo and lotion are scented to compliment the sea air. Yes, bathrooms could use a little more shelf room for your things but the sea makes up for any little inconveniences. Breakfast was a good mix of offerings. Loved the lemon poppyseed cake this a.m. And staff are friendly, always ready to help whenever they can. We traveled back to Rockport and into Gloucester but could easily have stayed right by the sea if a restaurant was closer. There is a video library and pool room available but we chose to stick with the ocean views. Can clearly hear the sea from your room at night, lulled me to sleep. Great stay!

Room Tip: I believe all look out on the ocean. We chose a second floor room for the better view of the sea fro...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Noreen K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gloucester
Atlantis Oceanfront Inn
Cape Ann's Marina Resort
Cape Ann's Marina Resort
#6 of 7 in Gloucester
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites

Been to Ocean House Hotel at Bass Rocks? Share your experiences!