My husband and I spend a recent weekend at the Bass Rocks Ocean Inn. The Inn is directly across the street from the ocean (a rocky coastline) and about 1/2 mile from a great beach. The staff were warm and friendly, they offered us a selection from their DVD library, had homemade chocolate chip cookies, and recommended local restaurants. They have a nice cold breakfast buffet, and the outdoor pool was spotless and warm. All the rooms have sliding glass doors with great ocean views because the parking lot is in the back. Oh, and there is a golf course directly behind the Inn! Although the room was a bit on the small side, I would definitely go back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The premier oceanfront hotel and historic inn, Bass Rocks Ocean Inn was built on the rocky coastline of Cape Ann, home to America's Oldest Seaport. Beautifully restored Stacy House (1899) suites with pillow-top beds, flat panel t.V.'S, and Jacuzzi tubs. Individual suites offer gas fireplace, separate sitting and sleeping rooms or wrap-around view. Modern Oceanfront House and Seaside House open onto patios or balconies with sweeping views across the lawn and out to sea ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Ocean House Hotel at Bass Rocks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bass Rocks Ocean Hotel Gloucester
- Bass Rocks Ocean Gloucester