I booked two nights at this hotel and had to cancel on the day of arrival. I assumed, of course, that I would be billed for the first night, but also that I would not be liable for the second night. The hotel informed me they would charge me for both nights despite more than 24 hours notice, unless they could resell the room, which they felt was unlikely. Be wary of this hotel. Their cancellation policy is out of line with normal fair practice.
Please note, I filled in the ratings for cleanliness, etc., only because I could not get this r this review published without doing so; I didn't stay at the hotel, and so have no actual experience of their cleanliness, rooms and location. But as for value and service, I was very disappointed with my experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The premier oceanfront hotel and historic inn, Bass Rocks Ocean Inn was built on the rocky coastline of Cape Ann, home to America's Oldest Seaport. Beautifully restored Stacy House (1899) suites with pillow-top beds, flat panel t.V.'S, and Jacuzzi tubs. Individual suites offer gas fireplace, separate sitting and sleeping rooms or wrap-around view. Modern Oceanfront House and Seaside House open onto patios or balconies with sweeping views across the lawn and out to sea ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Ocean House Hotel at Bass Rocks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bass Rocks Ocean Hotel Gloucester
- Bass Rocks Ocean Gloucester