My wife and I where traveling on a extended motor trip through the East and I decided we should stop an night in my home town, Gloucester, MA. I wanted to stay on the "Back Shore" which I remember for it wonderful ocean views. We selected the Bass Rocks Ocean Inn for our one night stay. When we arrived we were told that one of their suites in the main house was available and we decided to spend the extra money to help celebrate our 50th wedding anniversity. The room was amazing with windows overlooking the Ocean on two sides. The staff at the hotel could not do enough for us and their fresh baked cookies were a great hit. My profession has been escorting tour groups world wide for over 40 years and I can honestly say I have never stayed any place in the world that had such beautiful views and great service.
Thank you Bass Rocks for providing us with a memorable 24 hours.
Charles and Nancy Hemeon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The premier oceanfront hotel and historic inn, Bass Rocks Ocean Inn was built on the rocky coastline of Cape Ann, home to America's Oldest Seaport. Beautifully restored Stacy House (1899) suites with pillow-top beds, flat panel t.V.'S, and Jacuzzi tubs. Individual suites offer gas fireplace, separate sitting and sleeping rooms or wrap-around view. Modern Oceanfront House and Seaside House open onto patios or balconies with sweeping views across the lawn and out to sea ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your Ocean House Hotel at Bass Rocks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bass Rocks Ocean Hotel Gloucester
- Bass Rocks Ocean Gloucester