Julietta House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Vista(Gloucester)
Sea Lion Motel(Gloucester)
View Hotel
All reviewswalking distancewhale watchingcape annnew englandtwo nightssusanjuliettegroceryboston
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 October 2006

All the comforts of home! If you have a group or large family, I highly suggest you try and get this house. The owners are easy to deal with and there are no hidden costs or suprises!!

• Stayed: October 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank CGCycling
Reviewed 24 August 2006

I stayed for 2 nights at the Julietta House and was appalled by the lack of security. When I walked up to the door, after passing by the overgrown, weed-filled lawn, there was a note posted that stated if you had a reservation to look in the fishing basket on the porch. Inside was my registration envelope and room key. Apparently this is the normal check-in procedure. Anyone could have walked up, grabbed "my" registration/key and let themselves in the house. Once inside you are supposed to lock the front door behind you, even though there may be other keys to the front door for guests in this basket outside. In this day and age I find this totally irresponsible. I walked up to my room and realized that though I could lock the door from the inside, once I left the room there was no way to lock it from the outside- so all your clothes, personal items,etc. were left unsecured in the hopes that the other guests were honest folks. Supposedly a guest may use the large safe downstairs but who has the combination - all the other guests needing the same service?

The toasting items advertised were a joke - there was a half a loaf of bread in the refrigerator. I started to think that maybe the "toasting" items just meant the actual toaster, though there was butter and jam. Myself and another family staying ended up getting Dunkin Donuts for breakfast. The "cookies" in the cookie jar were not homemade but the cheapest store bought type one could find.

The place was clean and the room comfortable though upon turning down the bed I cringed at the ugly dark brown print sheets. On a chair was a bed pillow minus the pillowcase. The only toiletries in the bathroom was one bar of soap.

The neighborhood was so-so but in good walking distance to downtown Gloucester (which in itself isn't the most attractive town) - head to Rockport for some quaint beauty.

So if you don't mind an "open" style of living this may be the place for you. I personally will stay at places where I feel more secure. Next time I guess I'll have to ask if the rooms are lockable - who would have thunk?!

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
6  Thank Cheryl M
A TripAdvisor Member
Danvers, MA
Reviewed 17 March 2005

I have been back to the Julietta House twice this year already. This is one great B&B with the most comfortable beds you'll ever sleep on. I was never a fan of the B&B experience until I stayed here. The Julietta House is very homey, relaxing and comforting (and CLEAN). There is so much to do and see within close proximity. I absolutely love it!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 May 2004

I positivly loved my stay at Julietta House. The entire home is decorated with such a comfortable elegance that you feel relaxed as soon as you enter the front door. In my room, The Clock Tower, the oversized bed was so comfortable and the furnishings so nicely done. The private bath was impeccably clean and new. I will stay again and again!

• Stayed: February 2005