“Fantastic!!”

Duckworth's Bistrot
Ranked #1 of 138 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Middlebury, Connecticut
“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The host of our B and B recommended Duckworth's Bistrot for dinner for our 36th anniversary celebration and it couldn't have been better. The lobster risotto was one of the best meals I've ever had.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Sandi1212

Arlington, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

On our second trip to Duckworth's, we indulged in the same delicious bottle of wine we had last time (en route pinot noir) but tried new dishes. Both were amazing as we expected. This is truly a gem of a place. The half portion is usually plenty, though. Worth the trip and the tab!! (reservations needed in advance).

1 Thank Leah K
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“This IS my favorite restaurant!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

It IS my favorite restaurant in the world!! The "awesome" food, "best" staff and full and half-size orders makes it VERY reasonably priced and provides "top quality" food. In the numerous times I have dined at Duckworth's, I have NEVER felt the service to be "SLOW" or less than PERFECT! I don't have a lot of advance notice for dinners out; otherwise, I would eat there more often IF I could get reservations! Their delicious salads, fantastic entrees, and outstanding desserts are far and above any dining experience elsewhere. It is a small, intimate setting, with no view, but my answer to that is "who cares?" You can also "reserve" seats at the bar, where dinner is also served. You'll never find any better restaurant anywhere in Boston/North Shore area! NOTE: I almost hesitate to give such an outstanding review, because...I know I'll have even more difficulty getting reservations! BUT THEY DESERVE THIS REVIEW!

3 Thank Loretta L
“Love Duckworth but they are SLOW!”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Duckworth has been around for years and has some of, if not the best restaurant food on the North Shore. Their quality is consistent. Always flavorful and well presented. You have a choice on most plates, betwen full and half order sizes, which is nice.
My only complaint is that the service is just way too slow. This includes the wait staff, of which there are too few, and the kitchen. The wait person did not come by the table often enough, to ask about drinks or to let us know where dinner was, because she was too busy to do so. They need another wait person. And the kitchen took over 90 minutes to bring the 3rd course out. Way too slow. We sat at 7:35, 30 minutes later had salad, 30 mintes later had course #1, at 9:10 p.m. course #3 appeared, Painful. Otherwise a lovely place. p.s. resevations are essential.

3 Thank Marianne B
Simsbury, Connecticut
“This may be my new favorite restaurant”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We visited Rockport in February. I was looking for a new restaurant to try and found out about Duckworth's Bistrot by researching Yelp reviews.

One important thing to know is that you should make sure to make reservations a few days in advance because they are very popular.

The food was absolutely incredible and we LOVED the fact that you can get appetizer-sized portions of the entrées. We tried a duck dish, a scallops dish, a steak dish and a haddock dish - and each of them was delicious. I will be returning often and recommending Duckworth's to friends and family.

• Visited February 2014