“Classy restaurant that's a nice change from the many seafood restaurants in the area”

Duckworth's Bistrot
Ranked #1 of 141 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Glastonbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

A must dine out experience. The restaurant is quiet and quaint. All dishes are prepared carefully and the food is amazing. It's obvious the owner/chef takes pride in this place.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank xxmenarcaxx

Gorham, New Hampshire
“Did we hit it on an off night?”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We made reservations 2 weeks prior and were looking forward to our Saturday dinner. I was excited to get the risotto and hubby got the seafood stew. Risotto was piping hot but lacked seasoning (a little garlic would have made it perfect) and seafood stew was just average and for the price we paid to get the full size. We were really disappointed in how little seafood was in there. We opted out on dessert and headed to the Clam Box for our 2nd dinner as we left there hungry and poor! And be aware that parking is tough to find on the narrow streets.

• Visited July 2014
Littleton, Colorado
“Excellent dinner”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We ate here in mid June 2014 - my husband, children (ages 10, 12) and my parents. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal! My daughter, who is not much of a meat eater, ordered the steak and promptly declared it to be "the best steak I have ever had!" I had the monkfish at the recommendation of the waitress and it was excellent. Service was also excellent. I did not love the cocktail that I ordered and the waitress offered to bring me whatever else I wanted. I declined, since I had ordered this drink and it was my responsibility. In order to make sure I was happy with my wine selection, she brought two different ones out for me to try. Make your reservations early if you want to eat here. It should not be missed if you are in Cape Ann. There is no specific menu for children, so if your kids are picky eaters, I don't recommend it. They do offer half portions (which is what we all ordered) and that's great for kids and adults!

• Visited June 2014
Woodstock, Illinois
“Make reservations!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We waited for quite some time to get our table since this is a very busy, popular place to dine. By the time we were finally seated, we were among only a few tables being served. It is a small, cozy restaurant near the harbor. We enjoyed our creamy mushroom soup and hot bread but were disappointed to then have to wait for over an hour to get our main meal. The food was delicious, despite the long wait.

Visited June 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
“Call ahead & you won't be disappointed.”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife and I ate here on our last night in Gloucester. We had tried two other times to make reservations but they were booked. So, if you are looking for a wonderful place to eat with a very cozy atmosphere, this is the place. Just call a couple of days in advance for reservations. The thing that we enjoyed was the choice of 1/2 or full portions on most all items on the menu. So we got away having a soup, salad and main course at one sitting and not feeling like a beached whale after we finished. The prices are very reasonable and won't break the bank when the check comes.

• Visited June 2014