“East Gloucester gem”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Why is Duckworths so good?
First it's in East Gloucester, 100 meters from Gloucester Harbor, arguably one of the most picturesque spots on the planet. Second its small and cozy. Third it has amazing cocktails like "Texas Skinny," which has a wonderful aromatic grapefruit flavor. Third they cater to vegetarians with two amazingly tasty options - an asparagus and beet risotto and a polenta with mushrooms. If you happen to be a meat eater you might want to try the meatballs with a sweet and our rhubarb sauce. My wife, Anne, was raving about this dish.
Service is always excellent - two of the wait staff have been there for years and are just as upbeat as the day they started.

The only negative is getting a reservation in the summer - you need to plan a week ahead at least.

1  Thank Cheersfornow

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Unpretentious atmosphere but superb cooking. The lamb I ordered was incredibly tender and cooked just right. The deserts were excellent--good for sharing. A wonderful place to spend a foggy night on Cape Ann.

1  Thank ErnieK937
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

A must dine out experience. The restaurant is quiet and quaint. All dishes are prepared carefully and the food is amazing. It's obvious the owner/chef takes pride in this place.

3  Thank xxmenarcaxx
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We made reservations 2 weeks prior and were looking forward to our Saturday dinner. I was excited to get the risotto and hubby got the seafood stew. Risotto was piping hot but lacked seasoning (a little garlic would have made it perfect) and seafood stew was just average and for the price we paid to get the full size. We were really disappointed in how little seafood was in there. We opted out on dessert and headed to the Clam Box for our 2nd dinner as we left there hungry and poor! And be aware that parking is tough to find on the narrow streets.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We ate here in mid June 2014 - my husband, children (ages 10, 12) and my parents. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal! My daughter, who is not much of a meat eater, ordered the steak and promptly declared it to be "the best steak I have ever had!" I had the monkfish at the recommendation of the waitress and it was excellent. Service was also excellent. I did not love the cocktail that I ordered and the waitress offered to bring me whatever else I wanted. I declined, since I had ordered this drink and it was my responsibility. In order to make sure I was happy with my wine selection, she brought two different ones out for me to try. Make your reservations early if you want to eat here. It should not be missed if you are in Cape Ann. There is no specific menu for children, so if your kids are picky eaters, I don't recommend it. They do offer half portions (which is what we all ordered) and that's great for kids and adults!