“Singing Consignment Shop Owner Packs Them In!!”
Review of The Dress Code Consignment Shop - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Dress Code Consignment Shop
Carlisle, MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Singing Consignment Shop Owner Packs Them In!!”
Reviewed 26 December 2007

Absolutely delightful and impressively talented singer/songwriter, Barbara Koen keeps her busy consignment shop, THE DRESS CODE, humming along, and in a state of blessed loonyness, as she scatters herself frenetically, from rack to rack, back room to back seat of her car, to load in more goodies for her shop, all the while, making every customer's day with her beautiful voice and her special off-beat brand of zanyness. The day I was there, there was so much going on and so many fun things to see, that before I knew it, an entire day had passed, and I noticed as I looked around, that a lot of the same customers who had come in with their coffee earlier in the day, were still there, milling about, and giggling as she conversed with buyers and sellers, in the store and on the phone. But, do not be fooled by her wit or antics! She is a dead serious business woman, and when you bring your treasures in for an appointment, she will be absolutely candid about what she feels she can get for them. She's not a time waster, when it comes to the business of her shop. She's a genuine woman, a proud proprietor, and when she's there, it's better than a ticket to the Comedy Connection, OR a Coffeehouse. I've seen long-time customers cry on her shoulder, when having a bad day, and I've seen her shed a tear on theirs. I've also heard her singing duets with her sisters, while steaming the wrinkles out of clothes on their hangers. In my travels, and I travel a lot, I seriously find that The Dress Code has good quality merchandise from an even greater quality human being.

5 Thank thedevinecomedy