“Best fried clams in Gloucester”

Causeway Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 139 Restaurants in Gloucester
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
North Carolina
“Best fried clams in Gloucester”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Got there, very noisy atmosphere, bad acoustics in the small restaurant. Had to wait in line for a table so decided to get food "to-go". Got it rather quickly. thought hmmmm. Got home and it was some of the best food I've eaten in Gloucester, I can only imagine how good it would have been right from the fryolator eating in the dining room. At least eating at home was quieter. Whenever I get to Gloucester I go over the Causeway, if there's a line outside, I get it to go...one of these trips, maybe, there won't be a line... GREAT and plenty of food. I highly recommend to ALL.

• Visited April 2014

• Korean first
Gloucester, Massachusetts, United States
“Huge portions”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

You can make 3 meals from the portions.... Best fish chowda!! Excellent prices always packed long wait to sit but if you can't get a seat take out is very quick !!!

Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Fresh seafood- lots of it and cheap”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Causeway hardly needs the publicity to attract more patrons as it is usually crowded especially on a summer day. Open year round, the seafood is fresh off the boat, and simple fair. No alcohol license so byob which adds to the cheapness of the place. So much food that you can have leftovers for dinner the next night. Or do take out and order half the number of meals as you have people.

Massachusetts
“When in town...”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Yup! A "go to" when in Gloucester. Don't expect anything, except fried food. Tables are really close together. But, you will always get your money's worth.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank tiggleypuff
Somerset, Pennsylvania
“AWSUM, SIMPLY AWSUM”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I live in western Pa and visit the Boston area several times a year. We don't have any type of fresh seafood where I live so to get great fish is a plus. This was the first time to the Causeway and got there in the off peak hour, around 2:30. Was seated and Im a lover of whole belly fried clams so that is what I ordered along with the fries and cole slaw. Also was servered rolls and butter which would have been better if warmed but were fresh anyways. When I started on the fried clams I was amazed at the pure size of the serving, which was at the very least double what ANY other resturant gives. The cole slaw was very tasty and fresh and fries were very good, but my main concerrn were the clams. I can't begin to tell you how fresh, tender and sweet they were.. I just wish that I had know about this resturant in my past visits to the Boston area. You can bet you a*^ this is the very first place on my next visit. Awsum, simply awsum

1 Thank scurly492