My husband was in town for a work training and the Daughter and I got to tag along. The hotel is located literally in the Marina which was a surprise but not a bad one. Every room has its own access to the a deck overlooking the River and the drawbridge that leads out to the harbor. It was surprisingly quiet (maybe just the time of year?) and really relaxing in terms of the surrounding area. It's a short drive to the main boulevard and downtown Gloucester and was a quick drive to the location of the Husband's training.
The room itself still needs a little work. The door to the room was tough to close - you could see about a 1/2 inch gap at the top of the door and it really needed to be slammed shut. Not sure if other doors had that issue, but at 4 am on Wednesday morning - hearing doors slam was not a cool thing.
The beds were comfortable and the furniture looked good. Pillows could use upgrade - some were newer, some were pancake flat. The carpet was worn in a path around the beds and you could see how the carpet was supposed to look under the desk and the a/c but it wasn't a huge issue.
The radiator in the bathroom was kind of falling off. I didn't mention it because it wasn't a huge issue but might they might want to double check that.
The pool was an interesting set up. There is a restaurant attached to the hotel and it seemed to be pretty popular. The bar was located within the indoor pool and people were eating dinner and having after work drinks while we were swimming - it was different.
The staff were all very friendly and nice, especially housekeeping.
They were having some work done - not sure exactly where (maybe the restaurant deck?) but they didn't really bother us because we would go out for the day exploring.
I do wish that there had been a guide book in the room so that we could have ideas of what was around. Yes there were brochures in the lobby, but sometimes it's nice to have it in the room so you aren't cluttering your life with brochures. Also, we did not get to take advantage of it but they offer a sunset cruise - a very nice idea because the river that the resort is on really is pretty.
Overall - a decent resort; location great; rooms weren't too bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our year-round hotel features on-the-water rooms with balconies overlooking beautiful salt water marshes. Walk from your room through our indoor skywalks to our lobby, Spa, pool, jacuzzi, and function room. Spend time relaxing at our indoor, glass enclosed year-round chlorine-free pool and jacuzzi or catch some rays on the sun deck overlooking the Annisquam River and marina. Enjoy a relaxing treatment from our Spa menu or participate in one of our Wellness Classes including Yoga, and Pilates - be sure to treat yourself, while you are here! Dine and unwind after a day of whale watching, fishing or shopping at our NEW waterside tent bar & cafe (seasonal), Mile Marker One. Enjoy your favorite drink, and watch the boats go by. All located on premise. A great place for couples, families, corporate business travel, reunions, clambakes, weddings, groups and tours, and get togethers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Cape Ann's Marina Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Ann`s Marina Hotel Gloucester
- Cape Ann Marinas Hotel
- Cape Ann Marinas Gloucester