“Fine, with caveats.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Granby
Arlington, Virginia
“Fine, with caveats.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

Stayed here two nights for a visit to my sister a few miles away for a weekend. It was not terrible, but not great either. It felt like a college dorm, as in it's a place to stay, yet, not some place you want to stay if you had a choice. The bed was functional, but a bit uncomfortable. The tv worked, but was blurry. The ac worked, but took a while as it was a window unit. However, as they stay in real estate, location is everything, and the location for the proximity to where I was spending most of my time was a nice short drive away.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank japharl

Business
Renfrew, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2011

Not much to add. Serves it's purpose of providing a room with continued friendly staff. Rooms are clean though dated and provide fridge, microwave, and coffee makers

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank cleoder
Chicopee, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2010

This was the absolute worse stay at a motel I have ever experienced. We told the owners that we were looking to stay between one and two months. We were shown an efficiency down back....kitchen, living room and bathroom. Everything was agreeable until the owner realized I needed a nurse to come in twice a week for one hour. The stay went downhill from there...we caught the owner sneaking by the apartment at night...outside our bedroom. At this point I became very concerned. We stayed there 3 weeks and were told to get out because the Big E was coming and he wanted the apartment. I am a handicapped person and I was given 3 hours to move. As my apartment was not ready, I ended up staying at other motels. The apartment had large cockroaches, spiders and an invasion of flies. A truly horrible experience and all that I am saying is the truth. Also we were suppose to have high speed internet included in the rent, but that never happened.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lindanell
lancaster
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2010

The worst hotel i ever stayed at the bathroom door looked like some punched it, We went to see my brother when we came back our air conditioner was turned off. It was in the 90's it was hot. Some of the botton's did not work on the microwave did't work it smelled when we first got there. They didn't clean our room right didn't make up our one bed. Found a pieace of toliet paper between the table beside our one bed would never nerver stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank deh422
Dunkirk, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2010

My husband, son (8) and I stayed here while visiting family. The room was just basic- 2 beds, tv, desk and chair. It was clean although a picky traveler might find fault with the very outdated bathroom with broken soap dishes and a few chips in the tub. I didn't care about that because it was clean and usable which is all I need for $65/night. It was quiet there which I was glad for because I was kind of afraid it was the kind of place that young people might come to have fun at if you know what I mean, but it wasn't at all. I highly reccommend for someone who just needs an inexpensive place to stay for a night or two.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank kas2962
Renfrew, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2010

Great staff with basic room. Microwave, fridge, coffee maker and free WI-FI. Our 2nd time here.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cleoder
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2009

I grew up in Granby and have gone by this motel thousands of times without giving it a second thought. But when we made plans to visit relatives still living in this small town, we read the reviews and decided to stay there for our visit. The motel is run by a young couple who seemed quite friendly and helpful. Our room was cozy and yes, the bathroom was dated - but spotless. I was unable to hook up to their wireless system since our room was at the end of the motel. But since I didn't need it, it wasn't an issue. The motel is located near many restaurants and malls - but you have to drive to get to them - only a couple pizza places are within walking distance. Would we stay there again, definitely!!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Patches01033
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granby
D. Hotel & Suites
Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North
Econo Lodge Hadley
Econo Lodge Hadley
#5 of 7 in Hadley

Been to Granby Motel? Share your experiences!